Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

A while back I inquired about CB operations on my 90 1500, in following guidance given, it (the CB) is now power less, or at least appears that way. I have checked the fuses, all good so where is it supposed to get power from??? I have a cylmer a haynes and a factory maunal and none even mention the CB. Was there a small manual or sheet instructions on these gizmos??? It appears to have been ordered with the unit, as the handlebar interface is there mounted under the radio controls.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
imported post

Are any buttons sticking?
:action:

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi larry press in the volume button on the left of the cb if it does not work pull it out then press again may be stuck

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Thanks for the links, still no help, my cb isnt getting any power to it. What fuse or relay provides the power for it? The service guide tells how to repair the unit but also mentions an owners guide (PN # 280-5253-00) and a installation guide (PN# 284-4725-00). My local goldwing tech (goldwing tech class graduate, says they didnt cover CB's in 2002) only had a tech bulletin for installing noise filters. Anyone have one or both of these guides, I will pay.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Anyone with the Clarion CB installed willing to turn it on and then remove fuses til we fine the one that powers the CB and reporting it here?

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

I have the Honda service manual, but it's at home. It does have schematics with the cb. I'll go thru it tonight and see what I can find out. Don't know right off hand if it's the Clarion.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

PROBLEM MOSTLY RESOLVED THANKS PRIMARILY TO 93WING AND SEVERAL OTHER MEMBERS, MANY THANKS TO ALL. NOW, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY GREMLIN TRAPS, I THINK I HAVE ONE IN THE BIKE AND CANT FIND EM.

THANKS 93WING

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Well dang it, don' leave us hanging, what did it take to fix it? What you did to fix it may help some one else out in the future.

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
imported post

Your Welcome Aquaman, I'll keep lookin for that gremlin trap, I know it's around here someplace.......:waving:

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

IT SEEMS MY CB FUSE IS MOUNTED OTHER THAN THE FUSE BOX, SOMEWHERE UNDER THE SEAT (GOD I HATE REMOVIN THE SEAT) BY A FUSIBLE LINK OR SOMETHING. GUESS THEY DONT WIRE EM ALL THE SAME.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.