Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was riding up I-81 Sunday and my CB worked just fine; both sending and receiving. When I got home, I just turned off the ignition switch. Yesterday when I went riding, the CB came on as usual, however I could not send or receive. Does anyone care to tell me what the problem could be or how to troubleshoot the problem. I know very little about electronics, so please keep it simple.

Thanks for any and all help.

Your Friend,

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
imported post

I suspect you have a cable problem. Most likely in the headset plug.

You might get some electronic control cleaner from Radio Shack, or use some WD40; spray a bit in the plug connections and work them in/out several times.

If you use the WD40 stuff, be sure to wipe it all off to get rid of the surplus oily residue. You don't want dirt collecting on the connectors.

If that doesn't help, I would do the same for the connectors to the radio. Also check the antenna connections. There, I would just do the in/out thing without any oil. you just want to make the wiping surfaces clean.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

just double check the push to talk button ,it could be stuck inside the housing ,even though it is going up and down when you press it .,and that would stop you from transmitting or receiving ..Ciaran

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
imported post

Does the CB show up in the display when selected? No CB might indicate a bad fuse or power connection.

If you're wearing a helmet then I'd check to see if you can receive through the speakers.

Then check to see if the CB indicates TX when the transmit button is pressed.

Also if you have the squelch at max (around 25) getting audio to come out the speakers or helmet might be tough.

Finally, check to see if the connector from the antenna to the CB is disconnected, the cable damaged, or that there is power to the CB unit.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I have tried all the suggestions and I can hear truckers talking very faintly. I have tried raising the volume and adjusting the squelch, still a very faint garbled audio. If I keep trying all the suggestions, I will soon be back on line.

Thank You All Very Much,

Your Friend,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.