Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Am going Nut's here, my cb will work fine when I am stopped. But as soon as I put it in Gear It stop's, No sound will not transmit anything. Does not matter if you use speakers or headset. But if you are just sitting still All work's Great.

Had someone tell me hot wire Cb direct to battery it would stop from by passing going in Radio, tryed that nothing different. Checked All the wire's when I had it lose, and did not see anything wrong.:(:alco:It's anuff to drive me to get The New Year started early. I had a Cb Tech wire up a hand mike this summer when I was out rideing. Hand mike worked, but again ONLY when I was sitting still, so not sure if it was something the Tech did or if it was in the Bike already.

Need Help, it's driveing me Nut's , do not want to use a hand held unit. Would like to use the 1 that came with the Bike..

Could some one close by help, or Anyone help me out before I drive the other half Crazy with me getting Nut's about my Cb Radio on this bike PLEASE..
Carthage, Mo. 64836
e-mail me if ya would,
will check postes.. Thanks.

·
Administrator
26,567 Posts
imported post

I suspect that somehow the CB is grounded through the neutral switch so when you put it in gear it looses ground.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Davogd430 wrote:
I suspect that somehow the CB is grounded through the neutral switch so when you put it in gear it looses ground.
That is a good guess. Only weird thing about that is that the two are on opposite sides of the bike so you have to wonder how that might have happened. If done by some wiring wannabee, I'd have a good look at the rest of the bike wiring pretty carefully.

To extend this theory a little further, what happens when you get rolling good in second and drop it back into neutral while coasting? Dead or not?

Does your CB LCD display go blank when this happens?

Give us a few more clues please.

Might have something to do with the Neutral light itself. At least it's half way closer than the gear switch to the CB.

·
Administrator
26,567 Posts
imported post

Since the neutral position wire goes all over the bike to the start and reverse systems and ECM some hacker could have just used the first wire he found that showed ground for the CB.
I have seen some crazy wiring done by people who think they know what they are doing.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Ok..when I was going thru looking at wires everything looked good. No splice's anywhere, good contact. Cb Is On when in Gear shows me channel but No Sound /No Transmit. ONLY when I am stopped. or in neutral..Have not went down road put it in Neutral while wheel's still rolling but will give it a shot, and Yes Neutral Light works.
Got so miffed about Cb, that I had a dream last night It was Laughing at me while I was rideing . Not out a hammer and smashed it but it still Laughed. So I pulled over took out my 9mm Rugar and Shoot it. Very not happy with this Cb Dealing's it's messing with my sleep Now. lol

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Should I try putting a wire on Cb and ground it Better ??? Am willing to try anything here, except for shooting it..hehehe.
If anyone's close to Joplin,Mo am just 16 miles East in Carthage, would luv the HELP....Have extra hammer's. lol

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Oh and the Am/Fm radio had a good ground too. Radio works fine, my headset works fine , Stereo, Intercom, both front and back. Oh and I tryed changeing out the Passenger hookup to the front , to see if my Front one was bad, made No Difference..

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi terry you say he fitted a hand mic this requires its own ground go through the wires on this have a look at the headset conector in the pic it may help you the ground on the mic is in the no2 port

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Is there a neutral switch that might be bad, cause sometimes the light comes ON when I put it in Gear the neutral light comes On but goes out when it goes in gear. Does that in All gears when you grab the clutch. Forgot to Add that.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

there are two micro switches in the clutch leverhe may have took a ground off one of these i had to fit my own cb bike was not wired for it jap import took the ground off the conector for the cb in the radio houseing as said you have to go back through every thing as far as i remember couple of years now all the ground wires are light green and black stripe if you disconect one at a time then cheque the netural light as you go, follow the mic wires down through the bike as said most likely the prob is there

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Ok..found an other place was reading about trouble with neutral light being on when yo grip the clutch..where is the
nuetral safety circuit and clutch switch/circuit at????

((Sounds like a bad ground in one of the circuits. The clutch and the neutral light are in the start safety circuit (you know, can't start in gear unless the clutch is pulled in.

Check the nuetral safety circuit and clutch switch/circuit. I bet you find a loose wire/connection in one of them))

Is what a person was told. Where do I look????

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

terry your jumping the gun your now trying to solve two probs where he taped the mic into might be the two probs as said go back and cheque the wireing on it open the mic and see what the ground wire is like then follow it down the line and connect it to the no2 port in the fairing

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

but what do I do??:?:baffled: I know the tech had to rewire a hand mike , but do not know if he did something wrong when he did it? What would you have me do at the plug,

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Dipp. Got hand mike in my lap. 2 wires soldered . a black wire to #1 and the ground to # 2. Nothing else soldered in mike plug, a rubber band around the push key of mike, let it key up when bike was on in Netural ONLY. Do I still need to take plug apart on my headset??????? :crying::crying: :cussing:Not happy with cb tech for a $7 wire job to solder 2 wires....

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Humm..ok My headset is a Chatter Box for half helmet,I bought it New from Honda Dealer in Oct. There is No paper work telling anything in the box. It is for My 92 Goldwing 1500 Interstate, and I have a new 1 to pick up next week for my wife to use. Like I said everything else works Perfect , Except the !&#%$^& Cb. Can NOT take plug lose it is Sealed !!!! And I had them check headset on an other bike to make sure was not the headset, worked on Cb on other bike !!!

·
Administrator
26,567 Posts
imported post

deerhunter214 wrote:
Should I try putting a wire on Cb and ground it Better ??? Am willing to try anything here, except for shooting it..hehehe.
If anyone's close to Joplin,Mo am just 16 miles East in Carthage, would luv the HELP....Have extra hammer's. lol
You need to check the ground wire on the CB unit. Disconnect the wiring from the unit and check to ground with the bike in neutral then with it in gear.
As for the neutral light coming on when you pull in the clutch, that looks like the reverse diode assembly is bad. I don't know if the problems are related, stranger things have happened.

·
Administrator
26,567 Posts
imported post

It still has a diode to keep the neutral light from coming on when you pull in the clutch. The only manual I have only shows models with reverse.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

92 goldwing 1500 interstate. Went and checked -wires 17 is on weak but showed ground tryed to ground to body and lost sound but better ground, had to leave weak.
-wire 23 was good ground. -wire 32 was also ok. Cb radio has good ground.
-wires 20af, 22 mic, and 27 for mic got to pull cb radio all out again to check ground. Did find that I Can Transmit when in gear but NO SOUND. so did something right in the cold.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.