·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 1800 honda with a American CB and can receive Ok

When I transmit the TX sign comes on and other people can hear the Roger Bleap

but can not hear me .

I have check it with the use of another person helmet on my system and the same thing happens.

I have tried spraying with electrial contact cleaner in the switch, nothing changes

Has anyone any ideas.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Welcome to this Great Site!

Pull up a chair and join on in!

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi malcome and welcome to the forum if they can here the bleep it has to be the settings or the lower lead

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Welcome To a great Forum Malcom from across the pond. I can't give you an answer on that one, but there will be someone that will come on board that can soon. In North America there is a company called Sierra Electronics in Troy, Ohio USA. I don't know if they have a place of Businessover there as well or not. This co. does most of N America as far as the bike radios go. So hang on and some one else will be alongto steer you in the right direction. Let us know Eh? :waving: :)

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

Is this Wing new to you, what I mean is do you know if it worked before? That problem is often a modulation issue and can be caused by incorrect gain setting or bad antenna tuning eventually causing the problem. I would first check all the connections and then get the antenna tuned/SWR checked. Hardly any Wing owner gets the antenna tuned, they just fit the CB and if it works out of the box they just forget about it.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

The rogers beep is wired through the signal carrier & not the modulation or voice.

If you have a mike gain, try turning it up to amplify your voice. If you tried a different helmit with a different mike you might have a bad or broken wire in the cord on your bike or in the radio.

Are you able to run the cb controls from the passenger plug to test?

Is your equiptment under warranty?

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Tis the mike in your helmet set up.

Kit

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
imported post

Might have a dead mic. Try using the passenger headset connection. My '88 1500 had a dead driver's mic, but the pass. one worked.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

I found a bad connector pin in the lower cord on my 1500.Was some pin that carries the microphone signal to the cb. Hope you find whatsup. jimsjinx

·
Registered
297 Posts
imported post

malcolm wrote:
I have a 1800 honda with a American CB and can receive Ok

When I transmit the TX sign comes on and other people can hear the Roger Bleap

but can not hear me .

I have check it with the use of another person helmet on my system and the same thing happens.......

Has anyone any ideas.

Thanks
It sounds like a headset or cord issue to me. When you checked it with another helmet did you use the same cords? I've had several J & M cords fail.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

Maybe as simple as the "MUTE" button pressed in.:leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Thank you for your replies ,it was the 5 pin lead that connects from the bike to the helmet lead it was showing continuity when I checked the individual pins, but when I moved the lead the fault appeared.

Many thanks for all your help.

Malcolm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.