Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a friend who has an ´08 with US spec and of course he ordered it with the CB installed. When he got it home to Sweden and started to run around and trying to talked to other riders with CB the problem started. As long as he stands still with or without the engine running he is clear as a bell both sending and reciving, but as soon as he starts to move in more than 10KPH he goes garbled both ways. He can´t hear us sending other than our activating/deactivating senderbutton and we can´t hear him other than as back noise. It doesn´t help to turn squelsh to full. Has anybody experienced this or heard about and maybe can give a suggestion to solving the problem.

Jocke

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

They have pretty girls in Sweden, that I do remember.

It is some type of electrical interference from the engine ignition system. Exactly what would be impossible to know until you just check all of it. One of the filters could have fallen out, or the intercom wiring could be too close to the main wiring harness.

I assume the dealer installed the CB?

I do not think anything is wrong with the radio, or the ground strip, or the antenna or it would not work sitting still .

Check all three filters, and all the coaxial cables and the headset (internal intercom harness) as motor noise is causing an inductive interference.

Is it an airbag model? There is an additional filter and install needed for them that sometimes the dealers do not know about.

Let me go find the installation directions for the CB, will come back and attach them.

GL1800 oem cbinstall.pdf (application/pdf Object)

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

While checking the wiring as Kit has suggested, make sure the shielding material has not been breached in the communication bundle. I did on mine and had to repair this. Aluminium foil.

Longboater,

·
Registered
297 Posts
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
.....Is it an airbag model? There is an additional filter and install needed for them that sometimes the dealers do not know about. ....
Are you referring to the ferrite core harness kit?

I think that cures the squealing noise when transmitting problem some airbag owners experience.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

aht_six wrote:
Kit Carson wrote:
.....Is it an airbag model? There is an additional filter and install needed for them that sometimes the dealers do not know about. ....
Are you referring to the ferrite core harness kit?

I think that cures the squealing noise when transmitting problem some airbag owners experience.
Yes

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks guys for the input, it´s a non airbag model. And Kit I think I should be able to check everything after looking at the installation instruction you posted. Thank you again.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Bad earths could be the cause, or a broken down noise filter. Part numbers for those are;

Two for the petrol Pump; 08E95-MCA-1000-13
One for the cooling fan motor; 08E95-MCA-1000-12

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
imported post

Why not send it in for warranty work. Have Honda pay for it.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Try using it with a different headset first , I f it is happening when you are on the move it is quiet possible it may be the headset cord ,, Ciaran

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
imported post

wind blowing over mic on headset will mute out cb and radio if intercom settings are too high----

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.