Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

There is a local CB900 for sale. It is FULLY dressed like a goldwing. Aside form being a smaller engine, is ti pretty much the same as a goldwing?

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Well, it does have 2 tires and a seat, so it has that much going for it. But the configuration of the cylinders of a Goldwing (and BMW) make it a much, much smoother and reliable ride than the 4 cylinder inline bikes. My old Kawa's use to make my hands numb after a few dozen miles.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Guy said it was "dressed like a goldwing". I was just curious I guess.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Find out if it's a CB900 Custom.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

I have a 1981 cb900c as well as a 1990 gl1500. Each bike offers different things. Believe it or not, the cb900c is a very quick bike. It also has a dual range set of gears making a it a 10 speed (5 high, 5 low). The CB900c handles really, really well through the twisties.

That being said, you can't really compare it to a goldwing. The goldwing is in a class all to itself with a smooth ride, gadgets, and comfort (and it also handles really well).

Just my 2 cents....
-Carolyn

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
imported post

I used to run a CB900FZ way back and found it a great bike. I didn't have any fairings fitted and found i liked it that way. It was a bike you could drive for miles but totally in a different class to the Goldwing. Totally different driving styles and response from the engine.

I really liked the bike but wouldn't venture back away from the Goldwing to one now.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

No, they are not like the goldwings. The CB900's were great bikes and yes fast. They were classified as a standard motorycycle, not sport, not touring just a standard bike. Hondaline as well as vetter made luggage and fairing for the 900 and 1000. They have a inline 4cly engine that really turns up and has a great power band. That would be my alternate if I had the extra cash. The 750 I had was very similar in build and with the 900 cams that I put in it, it really came to life.Check out this site for all the info you need on the 900....http://www.cb750c.com/modules.php?name=Forums

Attachments

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

frook wrote:
It is a "custom". Why ?
The CB900 Custom has what in effect is a 10 speed transmission. It has a High/Low range shifter. great bike to run the mountains with as you can leave it in low range for the mountains and switch back to high range for flat land riding.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Those CB900 Hondas were a hoot to ride...Great handling, I was riding a GS-1000 at that time, so I was used to the way it rode....It had the power and the pep to stay wheel to wheel with everything out there then, and power to get it done....If I remember right it was a smooth runner but not like a wing...If the price is right go for it....

Claude....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.