Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Howdy All. i'm working on a cbr600 for a friend. it was a salvage{had been in a wreck} someone had taken it down to the frame and repairedthe frame and put most of it back together and gave up. thats where i came in. i finnished re assym. and now the fuel pump will not come on. I have checked all fuses, connections, relays, all appeares to be fine. this is a 06 model and i was woundering if there is some sort of trip sensor to the fuel pump when these get involved in a wreck? Thursday i will try to meter the relays more accuretly but something tells me something has tripped, could this be? the bike has very low miles so hard to believe something electrical has worn out.Can the ecm be tripping or have tripped the fuel pump caused by a wreck? Just woundering if anyone has had this experiance with similar fuel pump type machines. Thanks wayne

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

There is a purge sequence needed to re prime the system if it’s gone dry. I’ve had to do it on my Ducati once after running out of fuel. On the Duc it’s a sequence of on and offs with the key while watching the system lights on the dash. Once to get it the fuel pump will flush and push to the injectors then shut off. After that the bike should start right up. If it doesn't prime you may want to replace the pump.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I think, not sure, but I think, the tip senor is right behind the headlight. Could be damaged or stuck.

Kit

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

thanks morram, i'm going to check that thursday, i'll let you know. wayne

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post