Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
What Motorcycle or car or truck or home entertainment center are you asking this about?

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Cd changer repair

anyone have experience with repairing cd changer that gives mechanical error?
Howdy,
I just bought a oem cd changer that has problems, and I found a repair shop that will repair these cd changers for $149.00 Here is a link. He's on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280671593270?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

I'm sending mine out so they can fix it. I'll let ya know everything goes as soon as it's done. I don't fear dealing with this shop sense my payment is going through pay pal. Anyway, just thought I'd tell ya bout this place. Oh, No I don't have anything to do with the shop, I don't get any kick back for sendin people their way......

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Is it a GL1800 or GL1500 dynarider51?

Sierra Electronics repair the Hondaline CD changers for both GL1800 and GL1500 (they were optional accessory for the 1500 too). On the 1800 they are a different unit and give different faults.

·
Trike Master
1,266 Posts
When were CD players an option on 1500's?
My 2000 1500SE came w/a built in cassette player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I must be getting old and can't remember much anymore!

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
When were CD players an option on 1500's?
My 2000 1500SE came w/a built in cassette player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I must be getting old and can't remember much anymore!
A 6 CD changer was available from the Hondaline catalogue for a couple of years.

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
3,349 Posts
Well how about that, you learn something new everyday! I had never heard of a CD option being available for the 1500 before.
Thanks Steve. :bow:

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
Well how about that, you learn something new everyday! I had never heard of a CD option being available for the 1500 before.
Thanks Steve. :bow:
That brings back memories. I also remember the CD changer being offered for a while from Goldwing dealers from the Hondaline brochure, at least over on this side of the world.
The CD changer was basically a repackaged one that Honda sold for their cars, same changer at more than double the price. I don't think Honda sold too many of them and have only ever seen one GL1500 (a 1997 I think) with this changer fitted.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
There was alot of problems with the original CD's that came for GL1800s. 'Mechanical error' messages and failing to let you have your CD's back were the two things I saw. Honda had an exchange program for those symptoms and they'd even ship your CD's back...I don't think it's active anymore. After the first year or two they (assumedly) had the supplier fix the problem. Also, updated mounting kits were sent out and retrofit to older mounts. The new set up mounted the CD through the bottem of the trunk directly to the subframe, instead of being fastened to the trunk. Probably a better way to mount but was alot more time consuming to install.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
I got the digital music player that plugs into the cd player ... that cd player acts like there's a real one plugged in ..it works great

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.