Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

CD Player

914 views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Bagmaster 
#1 ·
imported post

Hi all, the damn CD player has taken a powder and died, maily as I was stupid enough to ask it to change disks and then hit a bump whilst it was doing it. DOH.

Try asI might I have failed to find anyone who can repair it and that includes good old Honda UK, HGB and Applyards. All would kindly sell me a new one LOL.

If anyone knows of a repair facility that could take this on I would be very grateful.

Kind regards ROGER

#2 ·
#4 ·
imported post

I found a broke wire on my Radio. It controlled the cd player. I found it today when I was putting new Oil in both front forks, but its onlt a GL1100. You probably knocked the laser off line a bit. I am thinking of taking my Clairion out and putting my Tape, AM/FM Back in. I don't like how the radio controls work on the Clarion.

Nightrider1

#6 ·
imported post

Hi Johan, nice to meet you on this bright but cold day in Essex, the bike looks nice , unfortunately I have not dressed mine yet. I am a member of GWOCGB but I do not camp, don't mind the odd hotel but camping on a wing no. So we take our caravan if we want to stay,very civilised.

See you soon

ROGER

#7 ·
imported post

Hi Michael, please see attached the reply from Sierra. Never mind it was worth a try , thanks anyway. ROGER

Sir, I apologize, however we do not perform repairs in the Honda CD changers.

Diana

Sierra Electronics

2080 Experiment Farm Rd

Troy, OH 45373

USA

#9 ·
imported post

CD player with touchey little lasers should have never been installed on a motorcycle IMO.The way the roads are where I travel, I'd beat it death the first month. Thats why I use the xm and mp3 player. Fewer moving parts.

#10 ·
imported post

Hi Guys got the answers thanks, for your reference..........

Return broken cd players to

Pioneer Electronics

2161 Dividend Drive

Columbia Ohio 43228

Send by UPS as they use the tracking number to keep tabs on the item. The exchange price is $210 their phone number is 001 614 771 1050

These guys fix all Pioneer OEM kit for cars as well as motorbikesand that includes the Goldwing.

I though they would exist somewhere????

Thanks for the help

ROGER

#11 ·
imported post

oldbiker777 wrote:
Hi Guys got the answers thanks, for your reference..........

Return broken cd players to

Pioneer Electronics

2161 Dividend Drive

Columbia Ohio 43228

Send by UPS as they use the tracking number to keep tabs on the item. The exchange price is $210 their phone number is 001 614 771 1050

These guys fix all Pioneer OEM kit for cars as well as motorbikesand that includes the Goldwing.

I though they would exist somewhere????

Thanks for the help

ROGER
Good find!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I knew somebody had to be able to fix those suckers.

#14 ·
imported post

Hold on to your hat Steve, there is a company in Bradford who tell me they are set up to repair these things, its called Autosound. I think I will give them a try. Interestingly I asked me local dealer to quote for a new player and he said they are no longer available but you can get remanufactured (repaired) items for a mere £1100. I think someone is taking the wee wee.

Kind regards ROGER

#15 ·
imported post

Hi all, well first of all Merry Christmas to everyone. Just to let you know my cd player was returned in about a week repaired for £100 including transit from Autosound. I would bet not many people knew they could do that !!!!!!!!

INCLUDING HONDA UK ???????????

Well thanks for all the advice and help much appreciated.

Kind Regards ROGER

#16 ·
imported post

That's good, now don't change cd's anymore when on a bumpy road.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::action::action::action::action::action:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.