Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi All,

I recently posted a question on the forum re my CD not working.

I thought the FM modulater was not working, as before on frequency 89.1 it would work fine.

Today I had another play with it and it works fine when I unscrew the holding screws from the body and hold the cd player in my hands, as soon as I put it back onto the bracket the cd plays great until I walk away from the bike, then I get bad reption as though it has gone off channel.

I was thinking that it was a bad earth, but also if that was the case I would have thought that the screws holding the player onto the bracket would cause it to be earthed.

Any ideas of what else I could try

thanks

Raining in Mallorca.

Always on a sunday.

Dave:?

·
Registered
462 Posts
imported post

Sounds to me like the reception of your FM stereo is poor on that frequency.Thats is,the signal from CD player to FM of Radio is compromised. I believe they have other fm channels you can use,so I`d try those.

EX. I have a portable XM radio unit on my Wing that transfers amongst my vehicles,and its FM Modulated.It has 8 different FM channels it will work on,I just have to set them on a menu in the XM RAdio.It works much better on some than others.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

When you are near the CD .......... You (or more properly your body/forums/images/emoticons/tongue.gif ) becomes a part of the antenna of the system, and the fm tuner locks to that combined system  ... This used to happen at the higher end  to "Rabbit ear "  TV antenna ... and to watch the last few minutes of a game... My dad often made me hold onto the rabbit ears/forums/images/emoticons/shock.gif (Good God, You must be REALLY old, SilverDave !!)   yes.... well.... try tuning your FM modulator to another frequency... and let the FM radio  lock in on that new frequency , as it can do  a better job than you can .. SilverDave /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
Registered
462 Posts
imported post

Do those cd players do a good job as far as shock Aborption? Are guys mounting the cd player in the saddensg or the upper case?

If anyones done this and has pictures,could you post them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.