Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This just in from Cedar Creek RV, ref NASSIR2:

I’m Sorry for the delay and really appreciate your patience. Here is the information you requested for your group.

We offer a group rate of 20% off with 10 or more Rigs or sites and a 3 night minimum stay. You were asking about per person rates for the people tenting which would be $8.00 per night per person with a maximum of about 15 tents. The RV sites vary depending on their needs, you can find our pricing on our website however please keep in might they will change slightly for the 2009 season which we will have out around Jan. If they can do without sewer and only have Water & Electric we have some great back-in sites down by our creek, which are also closer to the cabin and tent area.

You will also have the use of the pavilion for your entire stay for our guests staying at Cedar Creek RV Park. I believe you mention that you could use the lodge across the street if you were having a full group gathering.

I have your group scheduled for Sept 15, 16, & 17[suP]th[/suP] and understand that each person will be making their own reservation. Our cancellation policy is: No charged if we receive cancellation 14 days prior to arrival date. Less the 14 days charged for full scheduled stay.

The 20% discount is good only for dates the group has booked the rally. Early and late stays are welcome and will be charged at regular season rates. We do offer a 10% discount for AAA & Good Sam members.

I hope this is everything, if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to email or call me.

Thank you, we truly appreciate your interest in Cedar Creek and look forward to hosting your rally in September

Bodae

Clay & Bodae Davis Owners

Cedar Creek RV Park & RV Rentals

126 Rose Lane, Montrose Colorado 81401

Toll Free 1-877-425-3884 - 970-249-3884

[url]http://www.cedarcreekrv.com[/url]

[email protected]

[size=]

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

KOOL ******* on that discount!

I sent & got email from Bodae today and inquired about reservations. I didn't know someone was already handling this.HOPEFULLY everyone will be able to acquire their campsites together.

How about a differenttune around the campfire other thankumbiyah.

Maybeeeee,...

1, 2, 3... :band:

Roastnuts chesting in an open fire,

frostjack gnarling on your toes".

Gaslines gets longer by the mile,

fuel cards max'd before the trip is through.

:shock:

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

By the looks of it, you are only allowed 1 tent(and probably 1bike)/site? :baffled:

Now that they are back, I'll have to contact them tomorrow and find out if you are allowed 2 tents and bikes/site, constituting 1 'party of 2',as I have a buddy that might be tagging along.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

The 2 bikes will use less of the facilities and be less impact on there grounds than that family of 5.2.

I don't see the problem, campgrounds could charge 1.5 the normal cost to 2 bikes, 2 tents with 4 people all fitting comfortably on one site. Every-ones a winner with this scenario.:baffled:

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Did I read that correctly, there are only about 15 sites in the campgrounds for tents?

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

MDKramer wrote:
Did I read that correctly, there are only about 15 sites in the campgrounds for tents?

nnnOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo....................

don't say that! :shock:

we better look for an alternative if that's gonna be a problem

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

I justgot off the phone with Bodae(pronounced Bo-Day), the owner/manager ofCedar Creek RV Park and she told me that they are going to open up the whole tenting area for us,(they only have 3 'regular' tenting sites{tenting pads}) - includinga 'grassy area', which has some shade trees and other spots which are 'open'(no shade).They figure there will be enough room for 15 bikes and tents, total, although theymay be able to squeeze in 20, depending on how 'close' we want to be. They will becharging $8/person/night.

The tenting area is about 100 yards from the 'bath house' and they are thinking on bringing in a Porta-Potti for us.

If you are planning on camping here, you'll have to make a reservation - 877-425-3884 and don't forget to mention that you are with the NASSIR group.

Dusty

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
I justgot off the phone with Bodae(pronounced Bo-Day), the owner/manager ofCedar Creek RV Park and she told me that they are going to open up the whole tenting area for us,(they only have 3 'regular' tenting sites{tenting pads}) - includinga 'grassy area', which has some shade trees and other spots which are 'open'(no shade).They figure there will be enough room for 15 bikes and tents, total, although theymay be able to squeeze in 20, depending on how 'close' we want to be. They will becharging $8/person/night.

The tenting area is about 100 yards from the 'bath house' and they are thinking on bringing in a Porta-Potti for us.

If you are planning on camping here, you'll have to make a reservation - 877-425-3884 and don't forget to mention that you are with the NASSIR group.

Dusty
Let's go along with this for a while, and see how it works out. I haven't seen any figures on how many people plan to come and camp. There are other campgrounds, and other options as well, such as securing larger area which will accomodate all tents, and making arrangements for bathrooms and showers. We have time to work it all out. Wilton

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

Let's make a STICKY and keep a tally on the numbers of campers.

Bodae also said dogs are OK as long as they're leashed & "P"-pickup. They have a few pooches around also. One isa Beagle, Bailey'll be happy, ahh-WOOOOOooo.

As long as the campground is relatively close to the NASSIR meet, we don't really care where the campground is at, as long as there are shower facilities.

1. FVM (Floyd Debbie & Bailey)

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Guess we might as well get the ball rolling as far as the number of tent sites that will be needed for those that intend to camp. We can add the names to it as people decide what they are doing

--------------------- List of People Tenting ---------------------

1 - Dusty & friend - 2 tents

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

As of right now, Nancy and I are planning on tenting, but as far as making a reservation now, it's too far in the future for me.

So even if the spaces are gone by then, okay, I'll do what I've always done, find another way.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

It'll be OK. There will be good alternatives if we need them.

Don't forget those grits! :waving:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,197 Posts
imported post

Mardonna said a tent was okay, just as long as I rent a hotel for her :grinner:

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
Mardonna said a tent was okay, just as long as I rent a hotel for her :grinner:
Smart girl!!!:waving:

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

Cousin Jack and Red (maybe) will be tenting..... one tent.....

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

So,,,,,,, I see "What Dusty has been up to" ,,,,,,,,,,,,, and I'm envious. You sir are a man of the road for certain. Thanks for sharing so much. I in fact, have been plotting a route to see Utha ( Zoin, Bryce etc.) hopfully in Sept. Thought I would do it on my way to Montrose so I would have something to talk about.

Anyway,,,,, not to steal the thread here, I'll most likely camp but can't make a commitment this soon.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

Winger77(thanks for the compliment) .... they are definately worthy of a trip themselves, for sure! Southern Utah has some amazing areas. Could be why it has so many National Parks! ;)

I have a couple of routes planned so far, for getting to Montrose. One of them(Western Route)includes those Southern Utahareas again.

The other includes Banff, Glacier, Yellowstone/Grand Tetons NPs and either Flaming Gorge NRA, or Hwy 150 through the High Uintas, enroute to Montrose.

Depends on whether my buddy can make the run or not,(swing the vacation time/family commitmentsetc.) on which route and when I'll be leaving. I'd love to combine the 2 routes but that would be impractical. If he can't make the run, I may take 2 weeks anddo the Glacier/Yellowstone run earlier in the year(August) since I'll be retired by thenand have more time to do those areas justice. ;)

Western Route

Eastern Route # 1

Eastern Route # 2

In either of the Eastern Routes, we'd be staying 2 nights at the campground(Ponter "E") to explore the area, including Beartooth Pass and Hwys 14 and 14A, from Cooke City-Cody- Dayton WY and back.

September can't get here quick enough! :action:

Dusty

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

Good looking routes Dusty Boots. I will most likely only have 2 weeks to do my whole trip like this past June. So it really doesn't give me much exploring time. I always have to keep moving, can't stay in one place for more then a night. But I love to ride anyway:action:.

We may cross paths if you choose your Western route.

Springville, Pennsylvania to Hanksville, Utah - Google Maps

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
imported post

Just made my reservation at the campgrounds:cool:. Got a recommended route from Abilene, TX? See you folks there.

Scott

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

S Clark wrote:
Just made my reservation at the campgrounds:cool:. Got a recommended route from Abilene, TX?

Depends on how much time you have and what all you want to see/do. :baffled:

For a fairly direct route, you might want to look at this route.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.