Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just finished putting in the new Cee Bailey windshield on my GL1100 Interstate. Extremely well-made unit, with a vent for those hot days. Sure wish they would get here! Here's the link http://www.ceebaileys.com/cycle/

One issue in the installation: The stock windshield mic'd at .145 inches. The new one is over .2 inches. That made the original bolts on the trim too short. For reference, they are M6 panhead machine screws, 100 pitch, 35mm works pretty well.

The outboard nut for each of the rearview mirrors was missing. That led to some contemplation, but I epoxied a 1/4-20 screw insert made for wood furniture repair into the well and got a replacement 1/4-20 x 1.25 inch bolt. Head is a little bigger than the old one, but it works.

Glaciers are gone, and once I get the brakes finished this weekend, maybe this beast will see the road again. Have a great weekend all, Dick

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I've had a Cee Bailey windshield on my 1500 for a year or two and really like it. I had a bit of a problem that I posted at the time with the thickness too. On the 1500 with it's adjustable height windshield the five shouldered screw that hold the windshield on were too short in the shoulder area. Using them as they originally were prevented being able to adjust the windshield vertically. I ended up making some spacers on the screws to lengthen the shoulders and that solved the problem. Other than that the windshield has been great, stiff and solid and absolutely no distortion of color changes when wearing polarized sunglasses.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.