Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Looking at getting a new windshield for my bike. Looking for comments from anyone with a Cee Bailey windshield with NACA vent. I'm looking at getting the tall windshield in either Cee Bailey or Tulsa. If the NACA vent helps with the wind a passenger gets I might go with that.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
imported post

Never heard of a C. Bailey but I like my Tulsa. My wife gets very little air unless I turn the wind wings on her.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
imported post

I need a new windshield, too (1200GLI), and think I'm going with Cee Bailey's with the vent. It appears there's some real science and expertise behind its design though I sense that others choose other brands because of looks rather than function. I couldn't care less about the looks (though I think I want the green tint for my Wineberry bike :).

It would really be good to see some serious feedback on this subject.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

I have a SlipStreamer... Similar to a tulsa , and completely different  to the stock.. It follows the line  of the fairing back, not up, is taller,wider/forums/images/emoticons/wink.gif, and  definitely quieter than the original... I think it should be a combination of style, and function... and a  lot of my friends  also love their Tulsa .. SilverDave /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
imported post

Could someone post a pic of one of these windshields. I never heard of them either. Thanks. GK

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
imported post

Could someone post a pic of these windshields. I never heard of them either.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
imported post

We love our C Bailey's. Can look over it or through it since it is adjustable.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Have heard nothing but good about Cee Baileys windshields over the years!:clapper:

Be careful what you use to clean them!

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

The top edge of the shield has our "euro" cut feature, which provides increased wind protection for the upper torso & shoulder area.

What's up with the "Euro Cut", you guys get all the good stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
imported post

Hey guys, if you have any questions about the shield feel free to ask me! My name is Carlo, and I run the internet department over here at Cee Baileys.

PM me anytime and I'll get back to you as soon as I can, usually within an hour during normal business hours.

-Carlo

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,640 Posts
imported post

For that price I would think they would have the blacked-out area (like the OEM) at the bottom. But if you don't care how your bike looks I guess this one will be OK.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

I have a ceebaileys and really like it. I considered a Firecreek but the edges were unpolished rough and let an otherwise good screen down.
The ceebaileys has polished edges, at least mine has and I guess they all do.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I put a Cee Bailey windshield on my 1500 a few years ago. Very good, no stress rainbows when I wore my polarized sunglasses and no distortion. The plastic is a bit thicker than OEM which is a good news bad news deal. Good news in that the windshield is a lot stiffer than the OEM so it doesn't flex at higher speeds on a windy day. Bad news is that I had to make up some shoulder spacers on the windshield mounting screws to be able to adjust the screen up and down. Otherwise it was too tightly clamped to be moveable. Cee Bailey should run a router around the mounting slots to relieve the area where the metal brackets mount on the outside of the windshield. The routed area should fit the metal brackets and leave the thickness under the routed area the same as the OEM windshield. Over all I liked the windshield and probably will buy another one for my 1800 even though I think I'll have to modify the mounting screws and brackets again to be able to adjust the height of the windshield. I can't tell you how the vent works because I prefer a non vented windshield.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,640 Posts
imported post

I don't think they can thin out that mounting area, Paul. That kind of plastic breaks pretty easily. The OEM shield can be thin because it's Lexan. ButLexan is very expensive so the aftermarket guys use the brittle plexi. There are more technical names for the stuff but I don't know them.

They way I understand it, Honda chose the Lexan for safety reasons. It will bend out of your way in a crash.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

They could make the slots thinner at the edges. I don't much like polycarbonate (Nee Lexan) and much prefer acrylic (plexiglas). Mainly because though lexan has some superior attributes it tends to have a softer surface and won't polish out like acrylic. Polycarbonate, at least Lexan, is very easily damaged by some chemicals especially gasoline. I spilled a bit of gas on the windshield and skylight on my Avid Flyer when filling the wing tanks. I immediately sloshed the area with buckets full of water but the damage was done. There was almost instant starring around every rivet and serious cracking and crazing in the areas where the bends in the stuff were the sharpest. I had to buy another sheet of the stuff and make another windshield. This was 1/8" thick stuff too. When it got scratched I tried to rub them out but found it nearly impossible. Plexiglas on the other hand will polish out well.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
imported post

I put a Cee Baileys windshield on my 1980 GL1100I and liked it very much. The vent was very effective. It is thicker than stock, so adjustment can be an issue. But I liked the height it went to when I installed it and didn't need to change it. Very high quality. I understand their main business is aviation windshields, and it shows.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
imported post

Would like to hear how well that vent works for turbulence on the top of the helmet. On my stock 1200A I have to have the windshield clear to the top to keep the turbulence from smacking the top of my helmet all the time. I can still see over it if I sit up real straight, but I would rather have it a little lower so I could see over more.

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

Cee Baileys are popular here. They are a great screen for the money, and well made compared to most of the soft aftermarket screens we get here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.