Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum and am curious where I can find a cell phone holder for GPS on the handlebars of a 1986 GL1200. Since the bars are not tubular I'm not sure what to use.
Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

·
Administrator
24,510 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
As Dave0430 suggested works very nicely or if you need to mount more then one device you can get a double ball that works for multi devices (Unfortunately I can't provide a link Newbie) I use one to mount my GPS and phone

19-09-23 14-57-30 460B.jpg

·
Pwhoever
3,084 Posts
If you are starting from scratch, you might consider this setup from Tackform. I already had the clutch mount and an arm so I just bought the phone holder. It holds very well. I had previously used the Ram X-grip and almost lost the phone on one too many occasions. So far, the Tackform cellphone holder has not had that problem.

·
Administrator
57,678 Posts
my X-Grip has been relegated to being a simple hat rack. When I pull my helmet off, I also have one of those moisture wicking head socks.... and the sock gets spread over the X-grip. it dries out within a few minutes that way.

·
Administrator
24,510 Posts
If you are starting from scratch, you might consider this setup from Tackform. I already had the clutch mount and an arm so I just bought the phone holder. It holds very well. I had previously used the Ram X-grip and almost lost the phone on one too many occasions. So far, the Tackform cellphone holder has not had that problem.
Does it use the same 1" ball as the RAM mounts?

·
Pwhoever
3,084 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts