Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Center stand removal

5K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Stiggy 
imported post

No bike is that difficult to put on the centerstand, if it is...

You're doing it wrong...

Ask someone at a local dealership to show you the proper method, it's real easy.

imported post

No, not a duma**, just have never been shown how to put a bike on a centerstand properly.

I've been riding for 35 years now, for the first 15 years it was just jerk it on the stand, all muscle, no brain.

Then I went t o work at a bike shop for a few years, the "lot mutes" laughed their butts off watching me struggle with a then new '84 Gold Wing. The young guy, couldn't have been 135#'s showed me the proper way, he just snapped it up on the stand.

So don't take offense, just stop by the local bike shop and ask how it's done.

imported post

No offense taken, I've got pretty thick skin.

Whenever we get together I'd be glad to show you my technique, don't know when that'll be but whenever.

Ask the guy that moves the bikes around the showfloor at the local dealership.

Just for kicks, here is the method I use:

1) Stand beside the left hand side of the bike, facing forward.

2) Place the sole of your right foot, or left if needed on the centerstand lever, center the end of the centerstand lever in the shank of your boot (The spot directly in front of the heel) toes forward.

3) Take hold of the seat grab bar with your right hand, and the left handlebar with your left hand.

4) Stand the bike up vertical on it's wheels.

5) Gently press down with your foot on the stand to center the bike.

6) Lean slightly forward at the waist.

7) With one quick motion, stand on the centerstand lever with all your weight while simultaneously lifting up on the seat grab rail while also straightening up your back.

Your bike should now be on the centerstand.

The piece of the centerstand that sticks out to the left is designed to work as a lever, about 100#'s of force is needed to lift a GL1500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.