Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Are there supposed to be two springs on the center stand for a 1984 Aspencade? It seems the attachments are there for two springs but mine has only the one spring in place. The Honda parts book only shows one. Should I install the second just to be sure? Cause for concern with only one?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
imported post

Only one on mine and any I've seen. I think the 1500 has two pips as well but still just one spring.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
578 Posts
imported post

Normally only one spring fitted, if you put on the two, imagine how much harder it would be to put this nice light bike on the main stand!!! Mind you it would be a lot easier to drop it back onto the wheels!!:?
 

·
Postpubescent member
Joined
·
36,382 Posts
imported post

JOHNO wrote:
Normally only one spring fitted, if you put on the two, imagine how much harder it would be to put this nice light bike on the main stand!!! Mind you it would be a lot easier to drop it back onto the wheels!!:?
Nope the springs go over center so it would be harder to get back down too.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
578 Posts
imported post

but it would'n 'arf come up with a bang!!

:shock::?
 

·
Postpubescent member
Joined
·
36,382 Posts
imported post

JOHNO wrote:
but it would'n 'arf come up with a bang!!

:shock::?
Ya sure, uffda!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
396 Posts
imported post

The 1200 is the hardest of all the Wings to get onto the main stand. An extra spring wouldn't be making the task any easier.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
93 Posts
imported post

weewillywing wrote:
The 1200 is the hardest of all the Wings to get onto the main stand. An extra spring wouldn't be making the task any easier.
That is most true.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top