Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

is there suppose to be two springs or one on the center stand? I see there is spot for two, but all the pics I look at only have one. If there is two, you think it would be easier to put the bike up and down on/off the stand?

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

I have one spring, I think one is standard. I do not believe more would have a positive effect on the use of the center stand, but I would be the first in line to buyanother, if anyone has experienced any improvement... :baffled:

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

only one spring on the left side, but there is lugs on the right side for another spring to be fitted

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
imported post

I would think a second spring would make it harder to get on the centerstand. You would not only be fighting the weight, but also the strength of the spring....

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
imported post

Continuous rough road and twisty riding application. LOL. Additional spring keeps the stand pulled up and under as a safety feature. Old Yamaha thing from many years ago when weak springs would allow for the center stand to flop around in bumpy corners. Makes riding off the center stand a little easier if you can ignore the clang of the stand seating in place under the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.