Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I just became the proud owner of a 1983 Aspencade,this is my first goldwing ever.I live in Germany so i do a lot of touring throughout europe. I have ridden big bikes for a number of years (not quite as heavy as the Goldwing) so it should not take me too long to get accustomed to this bike.The question i have is,,is there a trick to getting this bike on it's center stand?I have heard there is a motorized Center Stand available for this bike,Any idea who sells them and the approx. price? Any thoughts and Ideas would be very much appreciated. Sven bolke

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Hello Sven, welcome to the forum. There is no electric stand for the GL1100, I think there was one for the GL1500 but that's all. The 1100 is supposed to be one of the easier models to lift onto the stand (the GL1200 is the hardest), so the first thing you should do is check that the stand moves easily and is not sticking. If all is well, just push the stand down with your right foot until it touches the ground and then make sure the two legs of the stand are down, then just roll the weight of the bike onto the stand. Once you have done this a few times it will be a lot easier.

G

·
imported post

Hey Mdiver :waving: You are very welcome to the forum. :clapper:Good luck with your new :12red: and i hope you have many safe miles.

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
imported post

Hello Mdiver and Welcome!

Left hand on the left grip, right hand on the bar between the seat and the saddlebag, also flip up the left passenger footboard if it is in the way like it is on mine. Put the rounded end of the center stand bar in your instep of your right foot and step down while lifting with both arms.... I'm 6'5" 300lbs and a 5'4" girl showed me how to do it to my great dismay and utter embarassment.:weightlifter:

Green tunnels and no stop signs,

Sterling

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
imported post

The 1100 should almost leap onto it's stand.

Mine was giving trouble when I got it. I found that the stand had rusted onto the pivot and the previous owner had losened the clamp bolts so the pivot point was really where it was meant to be clamped! :whip:

Having got a new stand and pivot the old one was cut off (yes, it really was that bad). When finished, my friend tried putting the bike on the main stand for the first time and nearly threw the bike through the garage wall - it was that easy! :weightlifter:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.