Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I just bought a 76 wing and for the life of me can't get it on the center stand. It's not that I don't know how. I've got an 1800 wing and an additional 76 wing and both of them will pickup on the center stand. Any Ideas Rich

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Rear suspension too low..bad springs??? Cross member bent/rusted not square tot he bike? First two thoughts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

thanks RB, checked the rear shock and is adjusted all the way up.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

bent center stand , rusted up joint tube.
push it up on a 2x 4 and see if that helps. (rear tire)

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

thanks, I'll try the 2x4 trick. The previous owner said he had the frame repainted so I'll have to see what I can see.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
imported post

on my 1100 i had a heck of a time getting it on the center stand until i changed the rear springs.. i watched the video.. read the files.. thought i was doing something wrong.. now it pops right up. just my .02

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
imported post

Rear caliper is stuck, is bike in neutral?

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
imported post

rvanbeek wrote:
The previous owner said he had the frame repainted so I'll have to see what I can see.
Oh no... that could be a red flag. Let's hope not!

Does the bike seem to track straight when on the hwy? Does it tend to pitch into a corner one side easier then the other?

I think I would pull the rear wheel and the seat and give the frame a good inspection... and the center stand...

I have my fingers crossed for you! :leprechaun:
JB

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Well I think I found the problem. The rear tire is a 4.50x85x17. I believe that it should be 5.10x90x17 or close to that. When I rolled it up on a 2x6 and used the center stand everything was fine. Measureing everything with a different 76 wing was all the same except for the tire size. Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

yeah , a undersized tire will cause you to have to lift things up a lot higher . haven knows they are not the lightest . have you checked the front tire size ?

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
imported post

I have three 76s and a 75. They are all different to get on the stand. My yellow 76 has slightly lower progressive rear spring and it is a bear. My LTD hops right up.
Not all bikes are equal to put on a stand.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.