Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Will the center stand from a 77 fit an 80?

And how hard is it to install a center stand?

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

They are very easy to install but I do not believe they are interchangable. I know they changed in 78 from the early 1000's but only slightly. I do not know for gospel but I really doubt a 77 will fit and 1100. Hopefully someone else will come along with a definitive answer.

·
Ornery Old Cuss
308 Posts
imported post

Broke Winger
What's wrong with the center stand that you need to change it out? Just follow the directions in the guides section and greas4e the pivot pin if it's tough or sticky. There's really not much to it. Only major issue is whether or not the Pivot Pin clears the exhaust. If it doesn't and you really want to fully remove the Pivot Pin then you have to drop the left side exhaust.
I'm busy this weekend and next, then have one weekend free this month. I'm always free mid week if you want to take a trip to western Wisconsin I can help you with it.
Dick

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Wow that's a great offer! My center stand needs to be replaced. I've ground off part of the left side foot by dragging it in turns.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
imported post

When I bought the 1100 I sold last year the center stand was bent like it had been hit, some one had heated it to get it to fit again but it did'nt fit right so I had a spare one off a 79 so what the heck put it on but the part that goes outside of muffler did'nt fit so I slipped a large pipe over that part of it did some bending and it worked great. Mel :waving:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.