Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I want to hook up my GPS, CB, MP3 and radar detector into a single unit and listen to them in my earbuds, is there a unit to plug all these into and listen to allat the same time instead of one at a time.

A guy at work has one of these on his st1100 and he likes his but is a little pricey.

Do you guys have any thing besides the whole bike wired for this stuff,

I have a 1100 with nothing but a after market radio in a cycle sound system.

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Hi,

We have a motocomm riderlink system on ours and jluvs2dive had recommended it to use and the wife and I love it. It is an intercomm and you can hook up your mp3+gps+cb and something else I'm forgetting :) over all it is a nice system and we got a good deal on it with free shipping from www.denniskirk.com the beat by a buck any other web site, just have the info ready for them prior to calling takes a few minutes but they ship really quick and have excellant support.

Hope this help you.

Ride Safe, Ray

:waving:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

RayandTracy wrote:
Hi,

We have a motocomm riderlink system on ours and jluvs2dive had recommended it to use and the wife and I love it. It is an intercomm and you can hook up your mp3+gps+cb and something else I'm forgetting :) over all it is a nice system and we got a good deal on it with free shipping from http://www.denniskirk.com the beat by a buck any other web site, just have the info ready for them prior to calling takes a few minutes but they ship really quick and have excellant support.

Hope this help you.

Ride Safe, Ray

I believe the Motocomm does cell phone too.

https://www.rflimited.com/ShowProduct.asp?productID=32&NodeID=c2

Riderlink ST-1 Features and Specifications:
· COMPLETE SYSTEM – Nothing Extra to Buy!!
· Driver – Passenger Full Duplex Intercom
· Both Driver and Passenger Helmet Headsets Included – Each helmet headset comes with both full-face and open-face style microphones!
· Music Grade Speakers with Excellent Bass Response
· Music Input with Built-In Amplifier (Adapter Cable Included)
Mobile Phone Input with Adapter Cable Included
· 2-Way Radio Input with 2 Adapter Cables and PTT Switch Included – compatible with Motorola, Cobra, Midl and many other 2-way radio brands
Radar Detector / GPS Audio Input – Adapter Cable Included
· Built-In FM Radio with Seek and Volume Controls
· Auto Music Mute Circuit and Microphone Sensitivity Control
· All Adapter Cables and Extension Cables Included and Removable When Not in Use
· All Mini DIN Connections Feature Weatherproof Moldings
· Durable Mounting Strap with High Impact Plastic Buckles
· Portable Battery Powered Unit – Uses 2 AA Batteries
· Main Unit Measures 2.75” wide x 4” tall x approx. 1” thick

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

That's what I was foregetting thanks bagmaster:cool:

Ride Safe, Ray

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Yep, love the Motocomm unit. You won't get the HiFi quality sound that you get with ear buds, but it's a nice unit otherwise. If you're handy with a soldering iron, you could probably solder in the ear buds instead of the regular helmet speakers, but not sure how well they would work. An added benefit to the Motocomm or Autocom unit is you also get the Intercom, so you and the Mrs. can chat away too. :)

Autocom also has a nice system, but quite a bit more expensive than the Motocomm.

John

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

keithg64 wrote:
Thank you very much everyone, looks like I'll be getting the motocomm by next year.

Looks like it would work very well as a added bonus on a 1500 or the 1800.
Are you upgrading?:)

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

I would love to, Michelle always seems to say when I want to get something like this is that " if you get a newer bike you won't need it"

Sometimes she just doesn't understand.

Right now it's still a "IF" and not a "when".

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Well my main reason for using the Motocomm was because my bike was not equipped with a CB, and the price to add a factory or aftermarket CB was ridiculous, so I went searching for alternatives. The Motocomm system was the best bang for the buck to do what I wanted.

When I got my new bike, it was/is equipped with a factory CB, so I decided to make use of the factory system, bit the bullet and bought some nice J&M headsets, a J&M CFRG cell phone/GPS/Radar detector integrator, and a J&M CFRG Blue Tooth cell phone module. I also bought a cassette adapter to plug in my MP3 player. If my 1500 didn't come with a CB, I'd still be using the Motocomm system. :)

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.