Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

We have Centramatic & Dyna Beads. What are the pros and cons of each. I'm trying to figure out which is best for me. Damn Goldwing is driving me nuts! The Road King was much easier to own. Not nearly as good, but a hell of a lot easier to own. It's like having a girl friend that runs around. I love her, but I hate her.

Tire balancers, Traxxion, Darkside, Oil, etc ad nauseum. Trying to stay up has driven me to less expensive scotch!

Chief

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
imported post

Yea they do make to much stuff for this bike ...I like Dyna beads ..there cheap easy to put in if you use a vibrator ....and they work.... I put them in my 1800 took of all the weights front and back ..smooooth .

.a friend of mine had a vibration caused by an out of balance tire when he put the dyna beads in ...vibration gone ....the Centramatic I know nothing about

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,671 Posts
imported post

Both are going to give you a good balance.

dyna beads will cost you less than $10.00

Centramatic will cost you 30 times that much.

For me, I elect to go the cheaper route and get the same effect. That is what is in the tires on my bikes.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Thanks guys! I think I now have a direction. I didn't realize Centramatic's were that expensive. Ride safe.

Chief

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
imported post

++ on the Dyna Beads. I've used them on two bikes now and really like them. Sorry your bike is giving you fits Chief. Talk to her nice now!

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts
imported post

Anyone who has green paint on their tractor should not worry about the cost of things !

That is just green envy, my tractor is grey.

·
Trike Master
1,266 Posts
imported post

seabeechief wrote:
We have Centramatic & Dyna Beads. What are the pros and cons of each. I'm trying to figure out which is best for me. Damn Goldwing is driving me nuts! The Road King was much easier to own. Not nearly as good, but a hell of a lot easier to own. It's like having a girl friend that runs around. I love her, but I hate her.

Tire balancers, Traxxion, Darkside, Oil, etc ad nauseum. Trying to stay up has driven me to less expensive scotch!

Chief
Well, to further confuse you:

http://www.ride-on.com/

Only concern is it is not to be used in GoldWings that are equiped w/TPMS yet!

·
Old School Guru
7,889 Posts
imported post

Well,I run the centramatics because you only have to pay for them once, and they will outlast the bike. Plus, the beads are a pain to install, especially if you use the perament all metal valve stems, or have tpms. Plus, if you have the tire dealer install them, they are going to charge you. Just my 2 cents worth.:smiler:

Gene:action:

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

After a 250 mile ride today, we stopped at a Harley dealership so the Harley kids could get their t-shirt& bling fix. I got off my bike, walked around to the front, shook my finger at my bike and said "you play nice with the Harlelys and don't hurt any of them. They are our friends.". The guy next to me, not part of our group, almost fell off his bike laughing. He really got a kick out of it. Nice folks, them Harley riders.

Chief

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

Thanks a lot, deputydawg! Another option is just what the doctor ordered. That stuff really does sound too good to be true. I spent a lot of time on their website. I would be interested in what some real live Wingers have experienced with it. Maybe it's too new and not many know about it yet. Thanks.

Chief

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
imported post

I would never use a tire sealer such as the one on the link can you imagine going down the road at speed with a nail stuck in your tire picked up hundreds of miles ago....only a matter of time and it may cause an accident ... You would always be checking for nails.. A tire monitoring system would be much safer... tires rarely go flat fast

·
Trike Master
1,266 Posts
imported post

Hondadiver wrote:
I would never use a tire sealer such as the one on the link can you imagine going down the road at speed with a nail stuck in your tire picked up hundreds of miles ago....only a matter of time and it may cause an accident ... You would always be checking for nails.. A tire monitoring system would be much safer... tires rarely go flat fast
Don't you check your tires at least every ride!
Sorry, I know how this sounds but, I don't need a TPMS to tell me about my tires!
There is more likely hood of you having a accident from a puncture than anyone using RideOn.
While you watch the alarm and have a flat along the road, I'm riding!
When I find that nail, I pull it and keep riding!
:action:

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
imported post

Of course I check my tires with a tire gauge.....do I get down and inspect every inch of the tires looking for a nail on a regular basis ..no i don't and I'm sure most people don't ...I've had a number of punctures involving nails on cars and motorcycles over the years ..there hard to see cause usually many times there worn down and it's found with some soapy water looking for bubbles andwhen you check the tires and it's low

the manufacure of the stuff even says if you pick up a nail take it to a dealer to get looked at to see if it's ok..... course there going to want to fix it and that may be an issue with that stuff inside coating the inside of your tire

I do not have a TMS ...I do have a plug kit and a mini compressor to pump my tire up if needed..I work on the kiss methood .."keep it simple stupid"

this stuff sounds wonderful in certain applications just not in my bike ..
I also would not use this stuff or any tire infllate puncture liquid with Dyna beads ..you will end up with Dyna goop for lack of a better word

so if you use this stuff you will have to check every inch of that tire looking for a something like a nail because your tire may have been compromised and you may not know ...I find the thought of a little air... some rubber ...some rideon and a nail ...going down the road at 80 miles on hour a little scary
tfdeputydawg wrote:
Hondadiver wrote:
Don't you check your tires at least every ride!
Sorry, I know how this sounds but, I don't need a TPMS to tell me about my tires!
There is more likely hood of you having a accident from a puncture than anyone using RideOn.
While you watch the alarm and have a flat along the road, I'm riding!
When I find that nail, I pull it and keep riding!
:action:

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
imported post

Hondadiver wrote:
Granted it's rare. but it DOES happen. I've had two tires go flat fast on me in my lifetime. One was an older tire, due to be changed soon that went at lass than 30 mph, and the other tire had less than 500 miles and went at high speed, around 65 mph when I caught a nail.

·
Trike Master
1,266 Posts
imported post

OK, one more post for those that have an interest:
I have successfully used RideOn for years in many motorcycle tires.
The 1st time I took my wheels to my current Indy for tire change, he refused when I told him there was RideOn in them. His experience was w/Slime! Told him there would be no mess and if there was any come out, it would clean up with a water hose and I would do it. He has changed my tires ever since!
There is the expense of buying this product every time one gets new tires but, I have never found beads or "Frisbee disc's" seal a puncture.
The balancer aspect of this product is 2nd to none.
Just remember, not for Wings equipped w/TPMS!
Going riding!

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
imported post

I put the Dyana beads in the E3's this time last September. I I now have over 18,000 miles of smooth riding. I put a little more pres. in the front and rear and to this date I have lost 1/32 of my front tread and 1/16th of my rear tread. I expect to get at least 24,000 or more out of the tires..Dyna beads for me..I am a believer. With weights on the e-2's my tires were cupped and hosed at 16.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
imported post

By the way when installing the beads let the guy set the bead then break the bead pour in the beads and then let him reset it..Very fast and no loss of beads..The guy that did mine says he has done that for years.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
imported post

Hodgy wrote:

Anyone who has green paint on their tractor should not worry about the cost of things !

That is just green envy, my tractor is grey.

JD Vs Farmall Nah rather have the Farmall.:)

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
imported post

I'm at a real disadvantage here. I have to argue with idiots;it's all we have living here.

Chief

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.