Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Anybody know anything about this wheel balance system? The ad in the Sept 09 Wing World gives a website that does not support the GL1800 or any other bike. The magazine picture with arrows depicting the hidden balancers, does not help much either.

It's tire time again and I like to stay currant with the techies.

Longboater

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,827 Posts
imported post

I don't know anything about the ceramic balancers but you might look into Dyna Beads. I have them in my 1500 and they have proven effective. 9k miles and no appreciable wear or cupping.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

The centramatic uses the same principle only the extra "beads" are inside of the bolt-on ring that you add.. and costs $250 more... I suppose one could be made for a motorcycle wheel, but it would be visible..

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

sandiegobrass wrote:
The centramatic uses the same principle only the extra "beads" are inside of the bolt-on ring that you add.. and costs $250 more... I suppose one could be made for a motorcycle wheel, but it would be visible..
Interesting,

Just knew there must be a story behind the non-story. This can now be a closed issue with me and many thanks for the heads up.

Longboater,

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,778 Posts
imported post

those 'centramatic' type wheel balancers were the first of that type. the type, not the brand name. they showed up on heavy trucks and 4x4s several decades ago. I used to use them on my 4x4s out in the oil patch where the roads were either mud, snow, or muck....

worked good for a while, then the tubular ring would fail after a few months.

·
On a Wing & a KLR
287 Posts
imported post

+1 on the Dyna Beads

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.