Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well I've owned my 2010 GL1800 for 13 or so months now and I've put on 12,800 miles weekends only and wore out the stock Dunlop tires whereby I have put two new Dunlop Elite III on the day before yesterday. When I had the tire put onto the rims at the dealership I asked them to NOT balance either the front or the rears. I then took it out on its first run hoping these Centramatics worked as I was told they would. They work absolutely perfectly and the bike is as smooth as it can get. These are well worth the price and I now know as I begin to wear these tires in and rubber is removed from varous areas of the front and back tire my tires will always be perfectly in balance making for a smooth ride until the next pair go on about a years from now. I would suggest this product to all Goldwings and if they work for the other bikes as well as they did for me I'd adbise them to buy them now. I only wish I has a set to try on my 2012 Honda Civic EX commute vehicle. Wink Wink !!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Okay, let us know how many miles are on your tires when you next change them.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
imported post

That's a good honest review, thanks. Like Paul says, keep track of the miles and give us updates.

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
imported post

I have Centramatics on my 08 wing. Had them put on when I had Dunlop E3s and the front tire had some moderate cupping. I rode another 2K or so and switched to my favorite tires, Bridgestones. So now I have a little over 4K on them and am wondering how the Centramatics will affect cupping and tire longevity. (no rim weights) I will keep you posted.

Ride long and often.

·
Banned
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I will do that. I suspect if all goes well I should get 12K - 15K miles from these tires as I did the stock Dunlop. I'd like to get more but since 99% of all my riding is done in the hills from sea level to 8000 feet up andbetween Ca and Nv up a down the coast I'll probably go through brakes and tires faster than most people. We'll keep you posted especially if I se tire wear really fast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.