Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Need a good source for ceramic brake pads for a gl1800. Gonna switch over to them when I mount my chrome wheels. I understand there is less brake dust from them and that it does not stick to the wheels as much. I tried google but no luck. Any help?

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

i dont think you will like them . they eat disks for breakfast and disks are not cheap either. the stock pads , may not last as long but they are a lot cheaper than a disk or three . just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

ooooh, been their and done that on a cager a long time ago. The discs wore down do to the grinding action of the ceramic material.

I always go back to Honda for pads on my cars because of the good wear qualities of pad to disc ratio. My 02 Odyssey van has 230,000 + miles on it with the original discs not even turned. Just pull out the old and slap in the new. Brake dusting is a pain and I think the Honda pads are a tad better on this issue too. I do wax the wheels and the dust washes off. If not, a soft brush with mild soap.

I will be Clear Coating the rims of an old Accord later this year at tire change time. If you are interested in this Garage Project PM me and I will be glad to discuss this with you.

Longboater

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Dang. There's always an issue. Nothing is easy. Maybe I'll just stick on the chrome wheels and give them a good coating of wax and see how they clean off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.