Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This little number has just begun to appear on the streets here in Ensenada.

Looks like a basic CB-125 really dolled-up nicely to make a good-looking bike. I saw one downtown in Wineberry Red, with a delivery-box mounted on the back.

Sure takes a basic "yawn" utility bike and makes it look good.

Of course, as so many decent bikes go, doesn't seem to be in the USA.

Too bad I couldn't get a photo but I've found a few decent ones on the web.

·
Premium Member
12,790 Posts
imported post

and its got the factory heel/toe shifter . now where are the running boards?

looks like a nice small bike though .

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
imported post

It looks like one of the Chinese "Hondas". They built a factory over there just for the Chinese market.

May be a while before they come to our side of the World (Europe + Americas)

Dave.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
imported post

That's neater than a skeeters peter, rgbeard! I'm hooked on little scoots almost as much as big ones. Here's the last project my daughter and I put together last fall. Not sure the year (79 I think) but she's a little GS80. What blows my mind is to think these little 2 strokers were street legal!

Attachments

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Yup, a Chinese Honda, I guess everone is outsourcing to China. Did a little research, the bike is mostly sold south of the border and inpoor countries across the world, since 2008, when Honda quit selling the CB125 here in the US. I guess since it is licensed by Honda, the CGL is a Chinese replacement of one of the most popular bikes sold in the poorer countries, where the CB was sold as both the CB125 and also in some as the CG125, and now the CGL. Cute little commuter bike, probably reliable as hell, since Honda has high standards as to what their name is stuck on. Not fast enough for Interstate use, sinceit only has about a 55 MPH top cruising speed, but with fuel ecomomy of probably 80 mpg or better, be a fine little scoot for city use.:applause:

Gene:action:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.