Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The more I read up on changing the antifreeze the more I feel that this is not a straight forward job, air locks seam to be the main problem.

Can some one out there tell me how they have done it successfully?

I do want to flush out the system.

I do have two workshop manuels but

I have more faith in this forum than manuels.

ManyThanks

Keith.:waving:

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
imported post

I've changed the antifreeze a few times in my GL1000 and also in a couple of vehicles. Procedure is always the same.
Air can be hard to get out of some systems but I don't find the wings any worse than any other engine.

1. Fill the rad to the top. Run the engine and you'll see the level go down. Add to the rad until you see the level stabilize or start going up. Replace rad cap and top off the overflow to its hot level. Run the engine until you feel the top rad hose getting hot and the temp gauge reaching normal operating temp & the fan cycles on & off. Then shut the engine off.

2. Once the engine cools down it will draw any antifreeze it needs from the overflow tank. Top off overflow tank as needed. Keep an eye on the overflow tank for awhile to make sure it stays in its range.

That's about it.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

use the search box keith, "burping", just like doing your car, dont use tap water, for what it cost, go the the bike shop and get the ready mixed coolant, what part of lancs are you from?

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
imported post

It's as easy as Cycleman says. It also helps to squeeze the hoses to pull the anti-freeze along.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
imported post

I have to agree with Cycleman....

Tom

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
imported post

To ensure no air is trapped in the cooling system, you tell the MC technician to make sure he gets all of the air out. :cheeky1::cheeky1:

There's one in every group... :cooldevil:

DeDub :18white:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.