Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Please send me "HOW TO DO". I cant change them after instruction in manual. I have not fingers in mini size. Low beam - no problem.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Merry Christmas. :) I have no further words of wisdom than the manual shows you how to do the repair. They are a pain, that is for sure. For the low beams if you turn the handle bar to the full opposite side you are working on and look down through the fork tunnel you can see the plug and large dust cover, and a pen light wedged down in there for light helps too.

Also wipe even new bulbs off well with rubbing alcohol . And wear rubber surgeons gloves while installing them, they will last a long time that way, otherwise they tend to burn out quicker, just one fingerprint will cause them to run hot and burn out quickly.

As for the high beams, those will really try your patience.
Maybe you could hang some weights on your fingers and stretch them out a bit . :D

Kit

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Well the high beams unless you wish to take the shelter off and the side panels all that stuff and get it out of the way. You remove the left and right fairing storage pockets, on the right one you have to unsnap the shelter trim strip and you can get to them .

They sit up forward and you can peek up in there and see them too, through the open pocket door openings. They are just like the low beams, but you do have to work mainly just by feel.

Kit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.