Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello All !
I want to replace my Windscreen with the original one ! Are there any particular steps I have to take care of ? Iam in possession ofClymers manual,- following this is that okay ? Or do I have to do it in another way ? If someone could describe steps from 1 to 10 (less steps or more) how to do it ! It would be nice !

All replies are appreciated, thanks in advance ! :)

Jan Jensen
Denmark

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

It's easy enough Jan. Just lift the windshield adjusters up to loosen the garnish and remove the two Phillips screws (one each side end of the chrome garnish) and pull the garnish out at the top and then upwards. Jiggle it sideways to clear it from the bracket. Then just remove the five sliders from the screen (make sure you replace the deep ones in their correct locations after) and take the old windshield off and refit everything as described for removal.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Steve !
I Will check out the manual steps compare itwith your adwise and then ask my co-riderlend a hand :)

All the best
Jan
Denmark

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

You won't have any problems doing this job Jan. It's quite easy, just dont crack or scratch the plastic trims that the mirror rubbers sit against!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.