Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Wow - I thought I was brave doing an oil/filter change a few weeks ago but today just changed the timing belts on my 94 Aspencade (4 months old to me, 31Kmiles) and it still runs:weightlifter:. Nothing was technically difficult (for the sake of anyone totally scared to try) but boy, is there VERY LITTLE maneuvering space, especially with that little wire running parallel to the two hoses that makes it really hard getting the large belt cover on and off. And with no lift, just lying on a creeper, my knees look like elephant knees tonight.

Sure enough, it had Honda belts - looked in good shape but probably original. I'm glad I put Gates on (Amazon - 2 for $37.56 inc S/H)and hopefully now one less thing to worry about assuming I got the tension correct, plus much more knowledgable about tupperware removal. And got bothcornering lights working now thanks to Betty at Cyclemax sending me two bulbs for $13 inc S/H. And I found the fiche invaluable in remembering which long screws went where.

Question though - I'm finding a lot of "creative" solutions by the PO as in using non-standard hardware to hold things together, as well as bolts that have come clear out and are just sitting there!This timewhen I went to put the lower cowl back on I found that the right (from riding position) screw wouldn't screw in and it turns out there's no nutplate or anything back there. Hard to see from the fiche what it actually screws into - could someone describe what I need? I just have it tie wrapped on that one hole for now.

Thanks to all who help us WEAK end mechanics out and to Steve for the wonderful directions on here - REALLY APPRECIATED!!

Bravo

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

wrong post.. sorry..

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

There is a speed clip that goes there behind the cowling.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks, Rudy - that must be the "nut-spring" showing as #27 on the Fairing fiche. Just wasn't sure with how the pix orients it - I'll probably spend a couple hundred dollars on this bike, one dollar at a time, just trying to catch up with all the right hardware. Appreciate your help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.