Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Been having problems with my front suspension on my 1800.Had progressive springs installed and had the fork oil changed.Well the oil was thick as syrup and needed changed.What a difference this made,dealer said fork oil gets old needs to be changed sooner,anyway I have 76,000 on the bike and she rides like new again...:action:

·
Administrator
26,995 Posts
imported post

Yes fork oil should be changed and in my opinion every year. It deteriorates slowly so you might not notice it until it is really bad. Why there is no recommended interval on fork oil is a mystery unless they just figure the seals will go sooner or later and it will get changed then.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

cyclewizard wrote:
what kind of fork oil did you go with?
Harley Davidson heavy duty fork oil.

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
imported post

redeyes88 wrote:
cyclewizard wrote:
Why in the world would you use Harley Davidson fork oil??????

You do realize that your forks are going to vibrate and rattle now, don't you?:cooldevil::clapper:

You might need rubber mounts on your forks!!!!:D

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Wing-Rider wrote:
redeyes88 wrote:
cyclewizard wrote:
Why in the world would you use Harley Davidson fork oil??????

You do realize that your forks are going to vibrate and rattle now, don't you?:cooldevil::clapper:

You might need rubber mounts on your forks!!!!:D
The best anti-vibration oil on the market....They give you extra oil in case it leaks a little....normal procedure.........:D

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

I don't know, first it was using Harley mufflers to replace rotted out wing mufflers now they're using the super secret fork oil for that "smooth as a Harley feel". It reminds me of an old Johnny Cash sang a song years ago about building a Cadillac from pieces over time, which almost applies here I think it was called "one Piece at a time".Too bad wings only make the mashed potato sound with Harley mufflers.!! HA!

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Big Cahuna wrote:
I don't know, first it was using Harley mufflers to replace rotted out wing mufflers now they're using the super secret fork oil for that "smooth as a Harley feel". It reminds me of an old Johnny Cash sang a song years ago about building a Cadillac from pieces over time, which almost applies here I think it was called "one Piece at a time".Too bad wings only make the mashed potato sound with Harley mufflers.!! HA!
Since using harley fork oil I've lost a liscense plate bracket,one chrome doo dad from rear fender and my buddy had a flat from running over my kickstand....:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

Gee if you use any more Harley parts to replace the ones that fell off, you will need to get a new title.,,

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
imported post

If everyone that reads this thread doesn't laugh out loud, there is something wrong with them.:cheeky1:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.