Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was just wondering about something. My bike is an 83 interstate and on the side of the fairing is the reflector. Has anyone ever considered changing the reflector to a running/signal light?

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

The PO of my 82 Aspy did that. I will get a pic of it and see if I can find any part number on it and post it for you.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
imported post

AddOn Inc.makes a kit for this. Part # 114A, Amber Side Marker Light Kit for GL1100 Interstate, suggested retail $16.95. Your favorite Gold Wing Accessory Dealer should be able to get one for you. Merry Christmas.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

Richardrwg wrote:
I was just wondering about something. My bike is an 83 interstate and on the side of the fairing is the reflector. Has anyone ever considered changing the reflector to a running/signal light?
:waving:Yes it probably has been done many times. In 1984 I bought the side marker light kit made by Markland and installed it on my '83 Interstate. They are alwas on when riding and when stoppedwith the key in the park position the saddlebag marker lights are on along with the tail light.

I believe Markland has been out of business for awhile.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
imported post

I went to Wally World and got two amber LED markers and two red LED markers drilled, very carefully, a hole in the center of the reflectors for the wires and wired into the running lights. Works great.:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

Why would you want a headlight on the side of your fairing?

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

morram wrote:
Why would you want a headlight on the side of your fairing?
:?:?:?:?

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

GSMacLean wrote:
I found them online here. Not bad, only $17. I wonder if there is an LED replacement for that bulb?
That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks.:bowing:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.