Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

i have a set of (i think 91) carbs that i'm rebuilding. will they fit on my 89 ?

what the defferents? more vacoon lines?

·
Administrator
27,888 Posts
imported post

Another member did the same thing recently and there were some differences in the vacuum lines. I don't recall if he posted whether he got it straightened out or not and what he did. I did my best to help him but don't remember any particulars.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
imported post

mark,

dave helped me once witha similardeal on the 94 interstate i had and put 91 carbs on.

88-89 carbs are different from the 91's i think. don't really remember, but definately different from the 94's. i'll have to do some research. thinking about it, the 91's may be same except the idle pilot settings. i'll check and get back to you.

or maybe someone with a little more knowledge will show and tell.

mark:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
imported post

think the problem may be no vacuum to the ECM. It is supposed to be #5 orange, there are more hoses with #5 and others that are duplicate numbers. I think you could "T" into the #1 orange line and go to the ECM with it and be OK. I wouldn't worry about the other missing hoses.
this is the problem and solution, in differences in carbs

·
Administrator
27,888 Posts
imported post

zimmerleemark wrote:
think the problem may be no vacuum to the ECM. It is supposed to be #5 orange, there are more hoses with #5 and others that are duplicate numbers. I think you could "T" into the #1 orange line and go to the ECM with it and be OK. I wouldn't worry about the other missing hoses.
this is the problem and solution, in differences in carbs

So it did work, I don't think you ever told me so I was unsure about passing it on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.