Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
24,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why can I not change my email address that my notifications go to without also changing my password?

·
Administrator
24,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tell me what you want it to be and I can change it for you w/o having to mess with the email address,

I do this everday when people call me on the phone
I can do that myself but most members can't. Admin needs to fix this.

·
Administrator
1,100 Posts
The issue is related to a plugin in which we are in contact with them for a fix.

At the moment, you can change your email address but just use the same password for all 3 boxes.

- Jb

·
Administrator
24,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The issue is related to a plugin in which we are in contact with them for a fix.

At the moment, you can change your email address but just use the same password for all 3 boxes.

- Jb
That does not work because it says you cannot use a password you have used within the last 365 days. I tried everything.

·
Administrator
24,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Even after changing my email in the admin profile page notifications are still going to the old email address. Sick of changing my password anyway so I'm not in the mood to have to do it again for this problem.

·
Administrator
57,408 Posts
I just looked at Dave's profile and he has the correct email address going to gmail.com

Hey IT folks, fix the database so that it reflects what we put into the User Profile, okay????

this goes a long way to explaining why when folks try to correct their password, they never receive the email for them to have a chance to fix it.....

I have heard this complaint almost every time I get a phone call for the last month.

the email system is NOT working properly....

Folks are locked out of the forum, they click on the Email link, and nothing,,,,,
then they call me on the phone, and when I look at their Profile, their email address is correct, but they never got the email... so it has to be going to the previous email address,
the changes are not being updated in the Server Database

·
Administrator
1,100 Posts
I just created a test account, and changed the email address on it. I then sent the password reset email on sent a pm to the account. I got both the password reset email on the notification email to the new email address so it looks like the new email is saving fine. Is it possible that our emails are getting blocked?

Niall

·
Administrator
24,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just created a test account, and changed the email address on it. I then sent the password reset email on sent a pm to the account. I got both the password reset email on the notification email to the new email address so it looks like new new email is saving fine. Is it possible that our emails are getting blocked?

Niall
I finally started receiving emails to the right account. I don't want to change my password when I change emails and I'm sure not many others would either.

·
Administrator
24,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finally started receiving emails to the right account. I don't want to change my password when I change emails and I'm sure not many others would either.
Update, now they are all going to the old email address again. Dammed if I am going to change my password to try to solve this problem. There is a problem that needs fixed.

·
Administrator
1,100 Posts
Update, now they are all going to the old email address again. Dammed if I am going to change my password to try to solve this problem. There is a problem that needs fixed.
I have updated the profile tool to see if this fixes this glitch, If it has not corrected it could you please send me a PM with your updated email address to see if I can correct this issue.

Thank you so much,

~ Glenda

·
Administrator
24,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got 2 notifications on the new email and none on the old one so maybe it's fixed, for now.

·
Administrator
24,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I still get SOME of my notifications to the old email.

·
Administrator
24,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Administrator
57,408 Posts
this is NOT good, and goes a LONG WAY to explain why I am having soooo many users call me and tell me that even though, they have clicked on RESET PASSWORD, they never get the email to allow them to do so.

Had we not put my phone number up on the top of the forum pages, our active membership would be almost nil by now. and that makes me very upset.

How many of the other forums that are run by VerticalScope have an Alternate means to get things fixed?

I am hearing way too many complaints that our users are sending emails to VerticalScope and never hearing back from you. That is not healthy for our reputation.

·
Administrator
1,100 Posts
Make that MOST still go to the old email.
And just to confirm, you've never set up a re-routing of emails for your gmail account?

So I can tell the techs hard facts, can you give me some exact info on an email notification that you got at the wrong email address? What kind of notification, and what time.

Kevin

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.