Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
24,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
And just to confirm, you've never set up a re-routing of emails for your gmail account?

So I can tell the techs hard facts, can you give me some exact info on an email notification that you got at the wrong email address? What kind of notification, and what time.

Kevin
No, I have not set up re-routing of my emails from Gmail. They are mainly notifications of a new member, There are none in my old ( Yahoo) inbox at the moment. I have opted to never get notified of a new post in a thread. I did get the notification that you had quoted me in my Gmail.

·
Administrator
57,695 Posts
for me, the only notifications that I have set up is for "New Threads" and "New Members"

I just now looked to see what my email address is, and it is different than what I used 10 years ago. Have no idea of when I changed it to the current email address.

but, I am going to start watching real close now, and see what inbox I get the notifications at?

My 'gmail' inbox forwards EVERYTHING to my Yahoo inbox...
I do that so that I only need to actually watch on inbox daily.

·
life is good
1,155 Posts
this is NOT good, and goes a LONG WAY to explain why I am having soooo many users call me and tell me that even though, they have clicked on RESET PASSWORD, they never get the email to allow them to do so.

Had we not put my phone number up on the top of the forum pages, our active membership would be almost nil by now. and that makes me very upset.

How many of the other forums that are run by VerticalScope have an Alternate means to get things fixed?

I am hearing way too many complaints that our users are sending emails to VerticalScope and never hearing back from you. That is not healthy for our reputation.
i want to thank you all 3 for working on this and all the problems that you all deal with . thanks is all i can give. but thank you for making this the best goldwing site on earth.

·
Administrator
24,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hey there,

Can you PM this account with the Yahoo email address?

Richard.
Hey you, don't worry about my email address. Just do something about the original problem. I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD TO CHANGE MY EMAIL ADDRESS.

·
Administrator
1,147 Posts
I'm now confused what the original problem is.

Are you not wanting to receive emails from posts and notifications on the site?
Are you running into issues changing your password? I can send you an email that will allow you to do that, without changing your email address.

Richard.

·
Administrator
57,695 Posts

Are you running into issues changing your password? I can send you an email that will allow you to do that, without changing your email address.

Richard.

The Original Complaint is still the same.

Dave was receiving notifications from the forum at his old email address,

there was a module installed to try and fix that, and he then started to get "some of, or maybe most of" the notifications to his new email address.

but, some of them are still going to the old address.

( he is NOT wanting to stop the notifications, just make them all go to his current listed email address )

·
Administrator
24,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

Richard.
Would you please pay attention. Read the &%^##@ posts.

·
Administrator
1,147 Posts
Dave I sent in a ticket to have the techs look into this issue, question the notifications you are receiving that are going to your old email address. Are they coming from a particular section or is it just alerting you form the over site. Trying to see if there is a pattern.

Thank you,

Case #2650429

~ Glenda

·
Administrator
24,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Dave I sent in a ticket to have the techs look into this issue, question the notifications you are receiving that are going to your old email address. Are they coming from a particular section or is it just alerting you form the over site. Trying to see if there is a pattern.

Thank you,

Case #2650429

~ Glenda
All the ones going to my old unused email are from new member intros. Really not as concerned about that as I am miffed about the idea a person would have to change their password to change their email address. I hope you understand the problem, Richard doesn't seem to get it.

·
Administrator
1,147 Posts
I understand, you have changed your mailing address and you are experiencing notifications going to your new and old email provider. Is that correct?

I have passed on the information you provided about new member intros , the techs also have a question if your email forwarding is turned on for your old email address?

Thank you,

~ Glenda

·
Administrator
24,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I understand, you have changed your mailing address and you are experiencing notifications going to your new and old email provider. Is that correct?

I have passed on the information you provided about new member intros , the techs also have a question if your email forwarding is turned on for your old email address?

Thank you,

~ Glenda
Yes that is correct & no I have not forwarded the old to the new, shouldn't have to.

·
Administrator
1,147 Posts
Updated the new member intro section, it will go to your new proper email. The email/password pages is perplexing yes, but for what it's worth you don't have to change the password, you can paste the same one in all three fields.

Kyle

·
Administrator
24,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
The email/password pages is perplexing yes, but for what it's worth you don't have to change the password, you can paste the same one in all three fields.

Kyle
As I said before, no we can't. I tried that.

·
Administrator
24,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Good Morning Dave,

I am checking in today to see if all your notifications are going into your proper email in box.

Thank you so much :)

~ Glenda
Well so far there are none going to the old one but I never get any new member intro notifications to my new one either, not that it matters. I see them in new posts when I check in anyway.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.