Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Can somebody explain me how to remove the dash on a GL 1500 for changing de front speaker?

I don't find any screw to remove this dash ...!

I'm not mecanician & not very good in english too ! ahaha

Thanks !:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

Start by removing the mirrors, just gently lift up the rubber boots and find the screws behind them, then the front windshield trim...just keep going.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey Mario :leprechaun:Welcome to the forum and visit often. :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Mario wrote:
I Realy need to take off the windjamer ?

Nice job !

Thank you!

Mario
Welcome Mario, Yep. Here's a postI made awhile back,

1. Take seat off - four allen head screws in grab handle.
2. Remove ignition switch cover, pulls loose at rear.
3. Take top cover off enough to clear panel, two screws at rear of cover, twoleversinside tank flap.
4. Remove mirrors.Pull back rubber and remove three screws.
5. Remove windshield garnish and trim (for 88-94)- one screw on each end.
6. Remove windshield. Note two outer metal cupped pieces are different from three center ones, ditto the screws.
7. Remove windshield adjustment levers and large headed screw that holds lever plate andplate.
8. Remove left glove box.
9. Remove left upper air vent - you can reach the lower locking tabs through the glove box hole. Release upper tabs CAREFULLY with small screwdriver or knife blade. Careful these are easily broken.
10. Ditto right upper air vent.
11. Removeinstrument panel cover - it should be free on the bottom and it hooks over the top of fairing.

I might have left out a step or two, but that's the general drift. When putting the windshield release levers back on, you can hold the adjusterassembly from dropping partway back in by slipping a screwdriver blade through a hole in the fairing and supporting the assembly from the rear.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thank you, it will be helpfull !

It seems to be a big job;

I asking myself if it's a good idea to change speakers for better ones with amplifier; many of you talk about the polk audio EX 350 - I saw the M341i from Diamond with their amplifiers...

If I do all this job do you think that i'm better to do it better than just changing for stok speakers?

If you know something about the installation of an amplifier, is it a complex job?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

MARIO

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

If the old speakers are good then why change them? An amp is a good idea and they are easy to wire up. Just follow thewiring instructions and you will be fine. A decent amp will have heavier wires as well. Welcome to the forum. :waving:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Mario wrote:
Thank you, it will be helpfull ! It seems to be a big job;
MARIO
It's not all that hard Mario. I'm surprised you need an amp, I never turn my radio up quite as far as half way to hear clearly with my 3/4 helmet on at 75mph.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.