Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 181 Posts

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

[align=center]Hey john s h :waving: [/align]
[align=center]You are Very Welcome to The Worlds Greatest Goldwing Forum. :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:[/align]
[align=center]:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:[/align]

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
imported post

To everyone responsible for this post,

I have just finished a timing belt and tensioner replacement on my 82 1100 and I would like to thank all those involved with having this post here. It was a great help!!!!!! I plan on a small financial reward for the website as soon as my finances recover but I would like to say Thank You Thank You Thank You ( said in a real Gomer Pyle kinda way) for now.
Thanks much,
Greg

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PICTURES ON THIS TOPIC I CANT GET THEM TO UPLOAD I TRIED TO REFRESH AND STILL NOTHING.
I'M TRYING TO REPLACE THE TIMING BELTS ON MY 84 GL1200 ASPENCADE NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET, IF ANYONE CAN HELP IT WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

txmaninfl wrote:
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PICTURES ON THIS TOPIC I CANT GET THEM TO UPLOAD I TRIED TO REFRESH AND STILL NOTHING.
I'M TRYING TO REPLACE THE TIMING BELTS ON MY 84 GL1200 ASPENCADE NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET, IF ANYONE CAN HELP IT WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED
Welcome to the board. If you are trying to upload pictures and aren't sure how its done, click the HELP! tab at the top of the page and read the instructions for uploading pictures. BTW there is no need to SHOUT, we can all read lower case just fine. :)

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

He's referring to the tutorial pictures on the first page Ben. I've just discovered they were hotlinked in Octanes first post and the links must have been changed. I've sent a PM to Whiskerfish to see if he can send them to me and I can host them here.

UPDATE; Whiskerfish is going to get the pictures to me soon and I will be able to get them back into the posts. :waving:

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

thanks for the welcome Ben, sorry about the yelling i have a bad habit of not taking caps lock off...lol
thanks Steve,can you to let me know when they are re posted I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

will a 87 gl1200 cylinder head fit a 84 gl1200? i have to replace the head i threw a timing belt and bent the exhaust valves, there is a slight ding in the pistons but no major dents or holes.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

Is there a reason I can't see the pictures. Sorry, I'm new to the board and probably doing something wrong..

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

Thanks.

Do you know if there is a tutorial on removing the radiator. I in the process of changing belts on a 85 special edition and there seems to be good info on the belts but little on getting the radiator out. Maybe wrong but this seems to be the worst part of the job...

thanks

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

Thanks.

Do you know if there is a tutorial on removing the radiator. I in the process of changing belts on a 85 special edition and there seems to be good info on the belts but little on getting the radiator out. Maybe wrong but this seems to be the worst part of the job...

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

This popular and informative thread needs to be bumped a little higher. It has over 18,000 views at this point... Jim

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
imported post

Can the belts be changed on a '81 interstate without removing the radiator?

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

You can loosen the rad mounts and if you can get the bottom out a bit then yes. The trick is getting the inboard belt cover bolts out.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
imported post

I have seen a special tool on that auction site that claims that it will remove those bolts. I think I will order one and give it a try. In my Interstate it looks like more of a job to remove the rediator that to replace the belts.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
imported post

Mack45 wrote:
I have seen a special tool on that auction site that claims that it will remove those bolts. I think I will order one and give it a try. In my Interstate it looks like more of a job to remove the rediator that to replace the belts.
I does seem more of a challenge to remove the radiator than to change the belts.

I changed my belts this winter with out removing the rad.

When you get the cover bolts out and change the belts you don't need to reenstall the 2 center bolts, I have ran this way for the past 2 years, just use the 2 outside bolts.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
imported post

Has anyone tried that tool, I'll see if I can find a link. Ah, if links to Ebay are cool on this site. I just noticed my lousy spelling on my first post. rEdiator?

101 - 120 of 181 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.