Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I am changing out my fairing in the near future and have a question about the wiring. The one that came on the bike is a Hondaline, but it has a cycle sound for the radio and hacked wiring inside. The one that I'm replacing it with has a Clarion radio with a voltmeter attatched. Am I going to have to do anything to the wiring tyo get everything to work right or is the plug on the fairing going tpo take care of all the electrical I have in the fairing?

(I hope that makes sense. LOL)

·
Administrator
28,096 Posts
imported post

It should have everything needed in the fairing plug, what is inside the fairing you will have to figure out.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

Does the new fairing have a Clarion I or II? The Clarion II has an extra wire in the bike to fairing harness.

This may also have something to do with the year. I installed a Clarion II, CB, Intercom from an '82into an '80 and had to change the harness from the ignition switch to the fairing plug. I could have determined what needed changing/added but because I had the harness I used it.

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

I believe it is a Clarion 1, but I'm not sure. The best description I can give is that ithas a small display just to the left of center in the middle of the of the fairing. It doesn't have a very large display at all.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

A Clarion one's display is on the controller head down next to your left knee, not as a gauge up in the middle section of the fairing.

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

The controls are at my knee, the readout is in the center of the fairing.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

The Cycle SoundS ystem is much different than the Clarion system. I believe you will have to do a little extensive wiring. It should not be all that difficult though. What is the year? That makes a big factor.
Good Luck,
Nightrider1

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.