Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the shop who can change rear tire of GL1500 1988 Year Model??
I am from Torrance, CA.
I used to leave my bike with So CAL HONDA MC Dealer. Contacted recently to book changing rear tire.
They no longer take care of any MC over 10years made.
I did major service ( Oil Change, Plug change, and air filter change ) by myself recently. Then, found the rear tire need to be changed. If no shop, then I will try to do it by myself. Anyway, if you know any shop in South Bay Area in Los Angelels, please contact me.

Fumio

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Here’s 3 that showed on google.

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,566 Posts
It always baffles me how those dealers can leave money on the table like that. I guess they have all the work they can handle without hiring more help.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Amazing how they weed out older bikes,they are more difficult in the rear wheel work and I suspect they just don’t want to mess with it so the just don’t work on 10 year old.
I do like to get in there so I can see for myself how it looks but as life goes on I might not be capable of doing it,something I been considing is maybe figuring how to lower the front so the rear will rise,,maybe by creating a lower than than the center stand and putting the front wheel in it to raise the rear to allow the rear wheel to be removed,knowing I would have to restrain the center stand to keep from folding,I don’t have a motorcycle jack.

·
Premium Member
1,580 Posts
try an a independent shop. Most will do anything for the money. I think the reason most dealers will not work on an older bike is if something breaks they will get blamed for it and might not be able to get a replacement part. Plus they probably have enough work to keep them busy on newer bikes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts