Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am importing a 1992 1500 Interstate from Florida to New Zealand and would like to know if changing the mph speedeometer to a kph speedometer is simply a matter of changing thespeedometer itselfor is it more involved.

Regards to all and a safe and happy new year,

John S.

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
imported post

You can just change the speedo, you don't need to change the wheel sender as well. Why bother though? The US bikes have both miles and kms don't they (mine does anyway).

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

If you want to buy a new kph speedo (without the other instruments), the part number for a black one (1988-97) is 37205-MN5-611. Dave isright, you won't need to replace the sender as well as the same sender was fitted to all models from 88-2000.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

Theboys here are correct, just replace the speedometer itself. I did it the other way around (kph to mph) on a 1996 Japanese model and it was fine. That bike didn't even have the intercom leads fitted though. Had a wiper for the windshield but I would have prefferred intercoms as the wiper caused more problems than it solved, ie it scratched the shield and I could'nt see through it when it wasn't raining after a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.