Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Starter quit working. Before I tear into it thought I would seek advice from the experts! :(

Any tips?

I found someone to rebuild the motor for $85.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

very niceley done too. pics and every thing.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
imported post

Did this refresh yesterday in fact. Simple enough to do yourself just be sure to follow instructions and warnings to the tee! I let the insulation on the brass/copper wires break off (were very brittle to begin with), put on bike this a.m., it worked three times then quit,removed itjust nowto find the post to inner housing was fried...no longer there!

Good luck and if anyone reading this is wise on starters, I have a question about this event posted tgis morning. All useful feedback is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

I've had my starter out of my '82 twice in the last month. I didn't have to remove exhaust pipes or the shifter. Just has to buy a 8mm swivel socket and a 1/4" drive extension. Remove the cable and 2 bolts it will slide right out. When installing the starter you may need to turn the drive gear a smidge to line up the spline with the gear that hangs in the chain.Mr. Magic fingers post show how easy it is and you may just need to clean it up if your brushes aren't shot.,,

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

Hey Guys,

Don’t want to butt in here but just want to say thanks for all the positive comments about that “refresh” article. I never remotely expected it to help as many as it has. It’s nice to be appreciated. Thanks you!

Goadsgoldwing….

I have just answered your PM. Sorry about the delay, I am just getting back from photographing a wedding in Baddeck, Cape Breton. Please start another thread and post a picture or two of the damage.

There was a huge bike rally in Nova Scotia in Digby this weekend. Some 18,000 bikers showed up. It is at the opposite end of the province. I live almost in the middle and it just about killed me to drive by the 100’s and 100’s of bike we met going to the rally on Friday morning. *sigh*, Maybe next year.

Tim.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
imported post

"There was a huge bike rally in Nova Scotia in Digby this weekend. Some 18,000 bikers showed up. It is at the opposite end of the province. I live almost in the middle and it just about killed me to drive by the 100’s and 100’s of bike we met going to the rally on Friday morning. *sigh*, Maybe next year.

Tim.
[/quote]"

Here ya...had to go to Yarmouth on Sat to get the mother in law on the Cat ferry...I swear you could hear the motors in Digby from the wharf, and lots of Bikers staying in Yarmouth....lets make plans now...lol

Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.