Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A while back someone posted an excellent thread on the step by step method of changing the belts with photos included. Can anyone tell me where to search for this without having to wade through 164 threads pertaining to this issue?

I'm getting ready to do my '77s and although I have the OEM book, I'd like to re-read this thread as I thought it covered the subject very well. I'll book-mark it for future reference:angel:.

Regards,

Hobie

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Rudy has a good write up on the timing belts too: http://goldwingtech.info/

It's for the 1500 but has good information. It'll make 4 cylinder belt changers envious since you don't have to fool with the radiators or even drain the system to change belts on the 1500.:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

My 1500 has 50K and is 10 years old. No record of the belts being changed. What ya think Paul? I had all the front plastic off today. Just snooping around. Looks infinitely easier than the 1200.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

It's basically the same job without the bother of the radiator. There's an air hose that passes over the cover but you can pull enough slack to slide the cover out from under and after that it's a pieceo of cake. The timing mark is on the crankshaft pulley so you don't even have to open up anything. Take a look at Rudy's write up and pictures he covered it very well for the 1500. Yes I'd change them if they are original ten years is plenty of use and time.

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

cowman2 wrote:
Hey Hobie,

the one I followed was by Octane (and it is excellent...) :

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/17422.html

in case I forgot the first 12 times I looked at it.. thanks again to Octane for a great thread!!!
Thanks to you for finding it. Thanks to Octane for a most illustrative tutorial. Even cooler is that it showing a '77 during the process which co-incedentally is what I'm going to be working on.

I created a short-cut to the thread and am keeping it for future reference.

Thanks again:clapper:

Hobie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.