Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello

Any probs or tricks I should know before changing my rear wheel bearing. I have donr this befor on cars and other bikes but thought it was worth asking on these unique machines.

Old sarge:action:

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

wheel bearings on these can be too much fun at timesimho. i made a tool like rudys and also made a special tool for the retainer out of a 1 1/8 craftsman socket. These are for 1000 and 1100s . I havent done a 1200. you might use a small drill for the stake punches or search for other tips. my computer is in the garage. can you tell lol. JB

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

if there like the 1500 rear you got a fun time ahead....the factory tool i used back when i did them folded up(junk) and it turned into a desparate situation...took a while but got em out....prob a better tool somewhere or on this site.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

JBZ's tool looks similar to the one I fabbed,(copied Rudy's). That key-board is almost as dirty as my daily user... :D

Even if you get sealed bearings, I'd advise you to remove the seals,pack with grease and replace the seals before installation... :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

thow those pants and the keyboard in the washer and check back with us

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Ok sounds like quite a job. My local shop will do it for $150 the only prob is getting it there, its cold rainey an 40deg here in upstate NY with snow on the way.

Old sarge:(

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

grambo wrote:
thow those pants and the keyboard in the washer and check back with us
I got to go get off my butt and finishsanding adump truck in moundhouseand then I promise ill through the pants and even my underwear in the washing machine. If its ok with you ill just take the airhose to the keyboard. LOL Later on . JB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.