Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When changing plugs should you use anti seize on the threads and how often do you changes them? Is there a cross reference for the stock plug? 1800
Thanks

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,276 Posts
There was a thread about this a couple months ago. One member posted a link showing that most plugs come from the factory with treated metal making its use unnecessary.
I use it and will continue to do so. I use the guide on the box- As soon as the plug base contacts the surface of the head, I tighten the specified amount (forget if it is 90* or 180* further) as they are washered.
All that to say you will probably be told both ways.
:)
Rich

Also, the manufacturer recommends a replacement interval. On the 1500 it is 8000 miles for my 2000. I usually double that, many go a lot longer.

It helps also if you include year and model as it can vary maybe? Maybe in your sig or under your avatar.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Most plug manufacturers don't recommend any use of anti seize compound unless they are un-plated at the threads. Due to over torquing I generally don't torque plugs just snug has always worked for me. I have also read about loosing some grounding and plug performance due to anti seize.
I've always used the Honda spec. NGKs which are plated.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,276 Posts
See your post in the 'general motorcycle discussion forum' by the same name??
If you post this just once, in one place, it is gooder. Easier for you to get your info, easier for people not to respond several times.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Double post deleted and threads merged into this one thread.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,276 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.