Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a three hour ride my 86 Goldwing aspencade 1200gl the battery dies.. This is after a full battery charge. I'm not running anything other than standard lights. In fact I've switched to several led's. Would you suggest installing an alternator or replace the stators?

·
Administrator
22,065 Posts
From the description you gave of the bike in November, it sounds pretty trashed already. So, cutting it up to install a poorboy probably won't matter. It will probably cost more than repairing the stator. Quite a bit more work, also.

However...! It seems like you are getting ahead of yourself. You haven't got a clue what the problem actually is. It may just be one of the non stock lights or, more likely, a melted plug. Riding/charging/riding is a bad thing. A bad plug is more apt to damage the stator doing that.

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
After a three hour ride my 86 Goldwing aspencade 1200gl the battery dies.. This is after a full battery charge. I'm not running anything other than standard lights. In fact I've switched to several led's. Would you suggest installing an alternator or replace the stators?
There are several posts here related to testing a stator with no guesswork. Try search.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts