Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

just bought my 1986 goldwing interstate was running great.got home from a ride with friends and bike died. took it out again and it was fine. fourth of july weekend took the bike out again for short ride and again the bike died when i arrived home .checked voltage to battery was getting 13.7 volts to terminals,so changed battery.rode the bike back and forth to work for three days thinking problemm was behind me,not!!!! Charged battery at work and got back home.Ichecked this great site out and did a stator test out . my test showed 68- 70 volts between legs but when it came to resistance all three legs measured .5 ohms and according to the test it should be 1.2 ,am i okay :? thanks

·
Administrator
26,977 Posts
imported post

Did the battery go dead or did it die from something else? With the voltage output from the stator (68-70 volts) there is nothing wrong with it. 13.7 volts to battery is fine. Do you have extra lights or other add ons that may be drawing more than the system can supply?

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
imported post

Do those wires read any connection to earth. It should be infinite resistance on all 3 legs.....Steve

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

thanks for your response ,the battery just would not have enough charge to restart my bike .ihave no extra lights on my bike.

the ohms reading is with the bike off .leg to leg

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
imported post

Might want to get a permanent voltmeter on the bike so you can monitor what's going on while riding. It was one of the first things I did on my 83.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.