Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

well...I took everyones suggestions passed onto the mechanic and the bottom line was a $2000 bill and a "Don't know whats wrong" So as it stands I have a 1985 ltd. that meter starts out at 14.3 and drops down to 12 and below when bike is warm..The bike had a new stator put in..a brand new heavy duty bike battery...a new reg/rectifier put in and wiring checked..So...after 2 months ...tons of money I have the same bike back with the same problem..So,if anyone has anymore ideas I would be more then grateful..thanks again to everyones suggestions..

Ps..Looking for somewheres else to take to get fixed...The biggest problem is finding somene in Victoria that will fix it...

·
Administrator
26,996 Posts
imported post

I don't understand a shop charging that much for something they can't fix. Charging for parts and materials Ok, you have those but they should not have charged you labor.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Took a 60 T-bird to a local station one time for a charging problem. Bad generator. They got one from a salvage yard, installed it and couldn't get a charge. They had the car for 3 days and I went by on the 3rd day, switched 2 wires on the voltage regulator and it started charging like a new one. They only charged me for the parts, no labor. Even offered me a part time job, said thanks, but no thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

Are you going by the voltmeter next to the radio? or have you got another one installed that you are looking at?

I know the Honda one on mine reads 15.3 to 15.9. When I put my hand held volt meter straight to the battery, I am getting 13.4 to 14.8.

Just a thought on a bad meter:?

Good luck with it!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.