Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
imported post

I recently replaced my stator with one from Electrolux. It was about 1/2 the cost of the OEM from Honda and Electrolux boosts that it puts out about 20% more. The job was kinda scary taking it apart, but was fairly easy to re-assemble.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
imported post

Randy, another way of looking at this is you have already said that the bike may have to be parked the rest of the riding season. So why not delve into this yourself. When I replaced mine, I was in an all fired hurry to get it doneand it was aggrevating. Since you would not have the pressure to get it replaced quickly, take your time, take good photos/video for quick reference and get a good manual.Have a good floor jack and metric wrench/socket on hand and go to it. I'm sure anyquestions you may have can be answered here. Just thought a little pep talk:action::action::action::action::action:might get you set! Either way, Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
imported post

Randy, just put the bike on the center stand. I used my aluminum floor jack and came in on the right side of the bike. When the engine was ready to roll out, I lowered the jack handle to roll the engine to the left (with the jackrolling under the frame. Be sure to use a piece of wood (flat piece is best)and have agood handleon it and try to balance the block on the jack.I only brought it out far enough to allow the engine to rotate around (twisty's suggestion!) far enough to get to the stator cover. Remember that there is a wire harness on the front of the engine. I did not need to remove it since it was long enough to allow the roll out. BTW, make sure you take it easy when removing the cover. The gasket may tear. I would also replace the exhaust gasket where the rear pipes disconnect from the front pipes. Mine was all broken up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.