Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Thanks for checking John! BTW - next time you talk to Marco or one of his techs could you ask them why it took a moderator asking to get a response & then only to
you - not who we asked in the first place.
I'll ask Andy, I have the same problem at work. I send an email requesting information from someone and I don't ever get a response unless I copy my "Director" on the email. It is a bit of an annoyance for sure.

BTW, I sent another email to Marco yesterday asking him for an update but no reply as yet.

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Heck Andy, at least your thread about the chatroom is still here. Mine was deleted...poof...gone.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
I have no idea John, I am not permitted to view that thread:

Snorebabe, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Is this the thread you are refering to Michele? If so, I think it was put in the archive section.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/26-previous-site-issues-bugs-help-archive/394831-chatroom.html

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
I have no idea John, I am not permitted to view that thread:
OK, I think I get it, I have moderator rights so I could easily see the achive when looking for you previous thread on this topic. It may be that Steve answered you and then moved the thread to the archive because of the duplicate nature of it. I'm sure no malice was intended and as long as we have this thread going now we should be good. I will continue to press for a definitive answer on the chat room feature. Thanks everyone for your support!

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Update on Chat Feature: This was revisted by the tech folks and the previous chat plugin does create a great deal of unacceptable lag on server performance because it is a bit "outdated" with no recent release available. It was suggested that if we found something (a chat plugin from another forum) that we think might work for this site then we can submit it for tech review.

So, balls in our court on this one for now. Anyone got any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
Thanks Satan for the info. Hey John, I know you are busy planning NASSIR 7, but when you get a chance can you pass on the info that Satan provided to the tech folks and see if this one will work. Lots of us miss the chat room.
Thanks John.

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
I certainly will indeed! Thanks for the reminder!

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks for the chat room & still waiting for a response to my original question from the people I submitted it to. Other than an initial response from Wingnut Jr I have heard nothing from the site managers/owners. . Are we to expect this as a general rule? Seems a class in common courtesy 101 may be in order.

·
X-Roughneck
1,229 Posts
Server wont handle it!!!!!It's lagging several members PC to a HALT.Takes away close to half the MAIN FORUM page.There is NO useful information pertaining to motorcycles on it.Why can't it be toggled/clickable as a sub in the test or fun forum?

WHY NOT a TOGGLE button to shut it off ????

How about a poll?

·
Administrator
58,755 Posts
The mod staff have requested it be removed from the top of the page.

I personally asked that we be given a LINK to it, not just arbitrarily have it on the Forums page which slows down the whole site experience.

·
Administrator
1,191 Posts
Thanks for the chat room & still waiting for a response to my original question from the people I submitted it to. Other than an initial response from Wingnut Jr I have heard nothing from the site managers/owners. . Are we to expect this as a general rule? Seems a class in common courtesy 101 may be in order.

Thanks for checking John! BTW - next time you talk to Marco or one of his techs could you ask them why it took a moderator asking to get a response & then only to
you - not who we asked in the first place.
I'm sorry lopeha,

Was the second post by you what your question was? I'm very sorry that you feel this was as that is not our intent to brush off members but in this case by reading the thread quick to find points about the Chat box issue you question got missed.

We do not only communicate with the mods on the forum but we do have our own separate section of the forum for them to communicate site issues directly with us. We receive less tickets in the Mod section of our support desk then our community section of our Help Desk so it is faster to respond to the mods then the community.

Again, I am very sorry that you feel brushed off. That was never our intent.

- dm, community support

·
Administrator
1,191 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
There IS a God!!

Thank you

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.