Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I needed a synchronizer to check the carbs on my bike but balked at the price of available units. Since the 1500 only has two carbs seem like a pair of vacuum gauges would do the job. I foundgood 3" vacuum gauges at Harbor Freight for $9.00 so bought a pair. A couple of aquarium needle valves for restrictors,mount the gauges on a small boardand voila, synchronizer. I connected both gauges with a T fitting to one vacuum port and cranked down the two needle valves for reasonably steady readings noted any difference in the gauges, less than 1Hg, took the T off and was ready to go. Grand total cost less than $25.00. Tweaked the carbs in a bit but they weren't very far off to start with.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

Your setup can be used on 4 cylinder bikes too. Balance each side, then balance the two sides.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Wow, I never knew the 1500 only has 2 carbs?!:baffled:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
Wow, I never knew the 1500 only has 2 carbs?!:baffled:
Yeah that's one of the things that appealed to me. Basically the 1500 is a simpler bike than the 1200 in several ways. I think it's one of the easier non-naked Wingsto work on but there'd probably be many who think otherwise.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
imported post

You can do a 4 with only 1 guage . All you have to do is run 4 tubes to two tubes to 1 tube . Put a damper on the 1 tube and then kink off the tubes or side you dont want to check . Total cost $10 from HF.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.